Tot School - Week of 11/28

>> Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tot School
(Nudgie is 28 months old)
 
(To see what others are doing at Tot School, click on the "Tot School" above!)
 
**************************************


We're taking a break from our normal Tot School curriculum to celebrate the holidays, but we'll still be incorporating some learning activities into our holiday fun!

This week, I changed over Nudgie's trays.  Nudgie helped me empty her Thanksgiving sensory tub so that we could get ready for her Christmas sensory tub!

Helping pour Thanksgiving beans into the storage container

Our Christmas sensory bin

Our Christmas sensory bin is just as fun as the Thanksgiving!  I filled it with white rice and white beans.  Michael's had some glitter sand on sale and I had a coupon so I bought a bag of clear glitter sand and a bag of silver glitter sand.  I added some jingle bells, glitter balls, a snowman ornament and a Santa rubber ducky which Nudgie really seems to have become attached too!



And she certainly didn't waste any time digging in!




I also changed out Nudgie's flower activity.  I put away the fall flowers and pulled out some Christmas floral picks that have been sitting in our Christmas storage box forever!  She went right to this activity too!



As an added bonus, I also created a little Christmas village that Nudgie can play with without worrying about being told, "No - don't touch!"  I found the little houses at the Dollar Tree and scooped them up right away.  My only regret is that I didn't buy more!  I got the little people and trees at JoAnn's.  Now I just need to get some pics of Nudgie & Nani playing with them (supervised, of course)!


Our trays for the holidays!  The little red gift box holds painted wooden Christmas ornaments that I attached magnets too.  Nudgie can play with them on the magnet board

****************************************************

Hope everyone has a great week!

6 comments:

Monica December 5, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

Oh, I especially like how you involve her in cleaning up the old sensory tub items to store them. Too often I do things like that on my own because it is easier than having the boys help me. But it is a great learning experience for them, in many ways!

Gator Mommy December 5, 2010 at 6:48 PM  

Love the glitter sand! I will have to look for that, thanks for the tip.

Helene December 5, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

You are such a fun mom!!! My kids would have a blast at your house!

MaryAnne December 6, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Those little houses are a GREAT find!

Christianne @ Little Page Turners December 7, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

We snatched up those muffin trays too! Good idea using them with a sensory tub.

Tracey M. December 12, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

I love your Christmas village! The sensory tub is wonderful too. The glitter sand is a great and fun idea.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP