Desperately Seeking Sidney.....

>> Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ok, not quite.  But for those of you who know that I'm originally from Pittsburgh and am an avid, die-hard Penguins hockey fan, you'll get it.

For Christmas this year, My Marine and I have decided not to really splurge on gifts for each other - especially since we're getting a family gift of a Wii.  We have agreed to exchange a few small things though - but I'm finding that each year it's getting more and more difficult to find a gift for My Marine.  Last year I presented him with a framed photo of Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzy in an infamous face-off pose.  He loved it.  He raved about it.  He still walks by the wall and touchs the frame reverently.

This year I am on a search.....a hunt.....a safari so to speak.

This past year, we bid farewell to our beloved Mellon Arena (formerly known as the Civic Arena).  A new arena was being built right across the street and my beloved Penguins would be moving there for the new season.  At the last home game, the Penguins had a HUGE farewell ceremony and had almost all of the past Penguins in attendance.

They all got together for a team photo right there on the ice.  All those past Penguins with the current Penguins in their hockey jerseys.

I - WANT - THAT - PHOTO

And I can't find it.

Anywhere.

The only one I've found is a grainy reproduction thanks to the local news channel that covered the event.



Nothing.

Nada.

Nowhere.

I'm bummed that I may not be able to get this coveted piece of history for My Marine. 

Or maybe just frame the link for the site and give that to him instead.

No?

Sigh - I may have to just give him some cigars instead.

0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP