Date Night - Trans-Siberian Orchestra Concert

>> Saturday, January 15, 2011

The week of Christmas, My Marine and I celebrated Christmas a little early with tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

A little back story......

The Christmas My Marine got back from Iraq (2006), he surprises me with tickets for my birthday to see TSO.  I had never heard of them before and was a little disappointed with my birthday gift -- especially since I was holding out for an espresso machine.  So, reluctantly, I go off to the concert.

It was the best gift I ever got.  I was hooked from that moment on!  And we've been going every year since then - except for last year.  My Marine was at a school and TSO came to town almost a month early, so we missed them.

This year, I was lucky to score tickets during the presale back in September and ended up with tickets 12 rows from the stage.  My Marine couldn't contain his giddiness!

So that night, we head out for our big night.  We had reservations at the restaurant next to the arena and met our friends there for dinner and drinks.  Once we got in to the arena and headed for our seats, the magnitude of where we were sitting was really starting to sink in.  Floor seats!  We haven't had floor seats since we saw the Scorpions back in 1988!

Sorry - I digress!

Once again, TSO did not disappoint!  There were two numbers that I really wanted to hear - "Christmas in Sarajevo" and "First Snow".  "First Snow" specifically because that was what was playing in My Marine's car when we were on our way to the hospital to have Nani.  So, to us - that's Nani's song.

Here's a few pictures from that night along with a little video clip of "First Snow".  I apologize for the quality - I was using my little point and shoot camera -- but you get the idea!












If you haven't seen TSO before, I HIGHLY recommend that you get their Christmas album, "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" (which has both of my favorite songs!)

In the end, it was a FABULOUS night -- and I can't wait for the 2011 concert tickets to go on presale!!

2 comments:

Semalee January 15, 2011 at 5:20 AM  

I love the picture of the two of you! I've never been to see TSO, but I love their music... Maybe this next Christmas I'll try to go :)

Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP