My Husband's Picking Up Hookers

>> Friday, February 11, 2011

Text from My Marine the other day:

"Will be late coming home.  Have to go to HAATS to pick up hookers."

No this was not another case of "Damn You Auto Correct".  This was an actual text message from My Marine.

Now, as an Army aviation wife -- I knew EXACTLY what that meant.  But I wonder what someone who may have inadvertently read that message would have thought......

"Wow.....how nice of him to inform his wife that he'll be late because he's picking up hookers."

The reality is this:

The "hookers" we speak of are the Chinook helicopters (AKA "Hookers", "Hooks") and the crew on said aircraft are also called "hookers"......a moniker that they wear with pride.  And when My Marine texted me, he was saying that he had to fly to Eagle to pick up a Chinook crew.  So, he was picking up the crew from this:


And not these:

7 comments:

Anonymous February 11, 2011 at 6:25 AM  

Hahaha! Looks like a sweet ride! Yes, the military has a language all of its own... Being a Navy brat and a Marine fiancee, when I talk to "civilians" I tend to lose them with all the abbreveations... Whoops!

5+2=1 February 11, 2011 at 6:31 AM  

Hilarious ! well.... at least he's honest?? ;) ROFL

Marty February 11, 2011 at 8:37 AM  

Too funny...Army wife here so I can relate=)

Denise February 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

Great post. Glad you knew what he meant. LOL That could have been awkward. :)

Semalee February 11, 2011 at 7:20 PM  

LOL!!! That's funny... I think I'd be tempted leave the text so someone would read it!

Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

MaryAnne February 12, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

Something tells me that at least some of those marines enjoy the confusion... =)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments February 16, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

haha!!! since my hubby is a retired army aviator...I knew exactly what your post title was going to be about as soon as I saw the Chinook :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP