Painting With Household Items

>> Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yesterday, Nani had the day off from school.  It was a teacher's in-service day.  So we spent the morning visiting daddy at the base and then after some lunch and quiet time, spent the afternoon painting.

A few weeks back, I found these in various dollar bins - shower mitts, heart-shaped nail brushes/pumice stones, and dish scrubbers.  This afternoon, I pulled them out, gave the girls some paint and let them go to town!  It was so fun to see what they created!








6 comments:

Christy Killoran February 23, 2011 at 7:34 AM  

My kids love to paint with nontraditional items too. We found some flower shaped fly swatters that they used to paint on large paper at the easel. That was a big hit!

MaryAnne February 23, 2011 at 8:07 AM  

Looks like they both had a blast! I love the huge painting t-shirts =)

MMAR February 23, 2011 at 8:07 AM  

Dollar Bins are the best when doing crafts and stuff : )
~Melissa

Susie B. Homemaker February 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

Looks like lots of fun! Great way to let your kids be creative. Thanks for stopping by my blog for Wordless Wednesday. :)

Crazy Mom February 25, 2011 at 8:38 AM  

Congrats! I chose you for the Stylish Blogger award! Check out the details here:
http://thomps0126.blogspot.com/2011/02/foodie-friday-out-window-just-for-this.html

Helene February 28, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

And I'll say it again...you such a fun and creative mom!!!!

If I turned my kids loose with those same items and some paint, it would be pure disaster.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP