Lenten Activities

>> Friday, March 11, 2011

One of the things to do for Lent is to give up something.  Sacrifice something that you love in order to prepare your heart, mind, and soul for the blessings that Easter has to offer us.  In the past I've given up snacks, chocolate, desserts, pop, and even Starbucks (but not coffee).  This year, I've decided to give up -- brace yourselves -- craft stores and book stores.

I know, I know......shocking, isn't it.

I've also been trying to come up with something to balance the see-saw of craft store deprivation.  Do something to devote my attention to Lent and not shopping.  So I've added a daily rosary/devotion time - which I've been wanting to do for awhile.

I also wanted to do something with the girls too.  So I made up a calendar of activities to do with the girls - something they can do on their own or something we can do as a family.  (It's a little blurred and for that I apologize -- I'm still learning how to do screen shots....but I have uploaded the file available for you to download, if you choose.)



Some of our activities include:

*  Reading Bible stories
*  Saying an extra prayer for the soldiers, medical professionals, etc.
*  Setting up a jar for a charitable donation
*  Sharing a special toy/book with Nudgie/Nani
*  Make a donation to a food bank/animal shelter
*  Making our Easter Blessings tree

I have uploaded my activity calendar here.  Feel free to download and share with your family.  If you do use it, please share what activities you're doing with your family.  I'd love to hear what you're doing!

0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP