It's Going Too Fast!

>> Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Last night I was looking for Nani's school calendar so that I could remember when she was on spring break.  As I was looking at the calendar, it hit me.  The school year is almost over and in just a few short months, my baby girl will be finishing Kindergarten.

Next school year, she's gone ALL - DAY - LONG........

I cried.

I miss her already and she hasn't even started the new school year.

My heart aches for the baby she's left behind.  My heart rejoices for the girl that she is becoming.


I will miss having lunch with her at the table as she tells me about her day -- in that long, roundabout way that kids do.  I will miss snuggling with her at "Quiet Time", reading books, coloring, or giggling over The Muppets.

I dread having just a few short hours with her between the time she gets home from school and when she has to go to bed.

It's not enough.

It's going too fast.

My arms ache to hold her and rock her like when she was a baby.  My hands yearn to hold on with every bit of strength I have and prevent her from growing up.  I want to close my eyes and not see her change in front of my very eyes.

I don't want to think about the day that will come when she tosses aside the baby doll forever.  I don't want to think about the day when she doesn't want to do a craft with me any more.  I don't want to think about the day when the magic of childhood gets pushed to the back and Santa Claus becomes someone that kids laugh at. 

But on the other hand.......

My arms know that one day I will hug her one last time before she goes off on her own.  My hands will touch her cheeks as I hold her face, remembering the little girl she was.  And my eyes will be open to see the woman that she has become.

I can only hope and pray that I'm doing all that I can to lay the groundwork for her.  That I can let go a little at a time and allow her to make her choices and make her mistakes. 

And that she'll know -- no matter what -- that mommy will always be there for her.

But for now, I'll cherish every single moment I have with her now....

Because it's going just way too fast........





Linking up to Mama's Heart
 
 

11 comments:

Christy Killoran March 10, 2011 at 6:11 AM  

I know how you feel. R is going to Kindergarten in September and it's full day here. It breaks my heart. It all goes by way too fast.

Semalee March 10, 2011 at 6:30 AM  

Yep. I know how you feel. When Auston went to Kindergarten I cried the WHOLE day! I never really did get over it..... ;)

Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

Undeserving Grace March 10, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

I know the feelings all too well! my daughter is finishing kindergarten as well and it has all went rather fast. Just makes me appreciate all the little moments even more along the journey. I'd like to invite you to join me for Thankful Thursday today. hope to see you there!
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

It's Grace March 10, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

My heart feels for you. We've got the same thing on our minds and hearts today. The time goes so fast. Too fast. Thank you for linking up and sharing your beautiful heart with us. Hope you'll join again next week.

Erin

MaryAnne March 10, 2011 at 11:32 AM  

This is such a beautiful post! It does fly by so quickly!

Vicky@Oil In My Lamp March 10, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

My daughter is 15! It seems like yesterday she was going to Kindergarten with a bookbag as big as she was! Now, she is driving with a permit....arrgh! In September she will be driving on her own....I can't bear to think about it!!

Enjoyed the post...I am visitng from Thank Thursday's. Come visit anytime!

Vicky

annies home March 10, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

Our children grow up to fast and now that my six children are grown I am quickly watching as my grandchildren grow.

You have a very cute blog here I am now a follower of yours. You can find my blog annies home at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Undeserving Grace March 10, 2011 at 8:39 PM  

Thank you for linking up today and sharing your blessing w/ everyone :) have a great weekend
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

Anonymous March 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM  

I can't believe my little one is 19 months. Some days I'm just in awe of how "grown up" she is now, running around, talking, saying the alphabet...I feel as though I'll blink and she'll be walking down the isle.

It really does go so fast.

Mass Hole Mommy March 11, 2011 at 6:45 AM  

We have full day kindergarten in my town and I was sad, but after the first day to myself, I got over it.

Jensamom23 March 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

Time passes too quickly and I feel that same way with my kindergartener...who can the year be nearly over? She was just a baby in my arms yesterday. It sounds as though you are cherishing every moment an that is all you can do. Blessings.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP