Spring Flower Crafts

>> Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Marine left yesterday for a 5-day mission and will be back sometime on Monday.  So while he's gone, I need to keep myself and the girls occupied which isn't too much of a problem.  But I decided to do a "5 Crafts in 5 Days" challenge with Nani.  While Daddy's gone, we're going to make a craft every day!

Yesterday we did a spring flower craft.

I gave Nani some scrapbook paper, glue and buttons and asked her to make some flowers.  I wanted to see what she could come up with on her own.  And she did a great job!  I was too busy watching her work that I didn't get any picture of her in "action".  But here's a picture of the completed project.


After Nani was in bed, I added some wire "stems" to her flowers and put them in a glass that I found at Goodwill for .49.  I added some blue decorative stones and a pink bow.

After I did that, mommy got to work on her craft!

I found this frame at Goodwill too.  Obviously, the fish motiff really didn't go well with anything in our home (thank God!) so I decided to recycle it.


I repainted the frame a Caribbean blue, popped the glass out, and covered the mat with yellow felt.  Then I made 4 felt rosette flowers.  I thought they looked a little plain as is, so I cut out some circles from some other fabric scraps I had laying around.  Add some buttons, ribbon, and felt leaves -- and viola - a perfect flower garden!  I also had some butterfly buttons that I found buried in the bottom of my button box, so I added those too.


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!  Now I just have to find somewhere to put it!

12 comments:

MaryAnne March 24, 2011 at 7:10 AM  

What a fun thing to do while Daddy's gone! I love both your flower craft and Nani's!

GianneCurry March 24, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

Great website~ I am your newest follower at cowsgomooandducksgoquack.blogspot.com

Rhinestone Beagle March 24, 2011 at 8:29 PM  

Totally cute. Thanks so much for linking up. See you at the party next week.

Jade Rahl March 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

Newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop!
Come return the visit when you have the chance :)
--
Jade
The Sleppery Mind

Anonymous March 25, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

So cute! I love Nani's flowers :)

I guess I'm not as creative as I thought, at least craft/decor-wise because I would've seen that picture and thought..."Hey, look...an ugly picture of turtles." instead of thinking..."I could use this frame and make something awesome".
Well done!

Stephanie March 27, 2011 at 9:27 PM  

I love using glassless picture frames for 3D art projects! These flower crafts are absolutely adorable. =)

Barb @ A Life in Balance March 28, 2011 at 3:22 AM  

Beautiful! I'm so glad I clicked over from Feels Like Home. I never would have thought to use layers of felt to create a flower.

Tara @ Feels Like Home April 1, 2011 at 4:27 PM  

1. I love your blog. It is beautiful, and The Toy Box Years is a lovely name.

2. Doing a craft every day that Daddy is gone is a marvelous idea. I bet your daughter will remember these for a long time to come. :)

Cathy @ NurtureStore April 6, 2011 at 11:23 AM  

So pretty! I love the buttons in the centre and the zigzag stems. Thanks for sharing with the Play Academy!

Natalie PlanetSmarty April 7, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

Gosh, this is just so creative - both Nani's project and yours. I love it.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP