5 Days of Crafting - Day #2

>> Friday, March 25, 2011

So, last night, while watching Army Wives, I decided to work on some picture frames that I've had in my craft stash for about a month now - one for Nani and one for Nudgie.  (Oh yeah, and to see what I did for Day #1, click here)

I found the frames on sale at Michael's.  What I like about these frames is that they have the actual "leg" on the back of the frame and not that little peg of wood that always seems to pop out.  (I really dislike those frames!)


I painted one purple (for Nani) and one yellow (for Nudgie).  I learned that I should have done a base coat of white on the yellow frame first - and then painted it yellow.  It never quite turned into the yellow that I wanted, and you could see the wood slightly seeping through.  (And that was after three coats!)

I found the letter stickers in the dollar bins at Michael's and already had the felt for the fabric rosettes (my latest crafting obsession!)




I'm really happy with the finished project!  And now I have to find the perfect pictures to put in them!!


(Disclaimer:  None of these craft supplies were purchased during my Lenten fast of craft stores!)

6 comments:

StephieD March 25, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

Lol, I love your disclaimer. I haven't stepped foot in a Michales or Hobby Lobby in about 2 months! And I can't even tell you the last time I was in a JoAnns. Since I've moved, I'm about 20 miles from the closest of any of them! :( I commend you for your fast. It's kinda nice to dig through your old resources and find all the hidden jems. I do it to my Mom's craft closet all the time! lol

MaryAnne March 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

I love your disclaimer, too! The frames are super cute, I'm sure your girls will love them!

Madison March 25, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

New follower from the Friday Blog Hop!!

Keeping You in Stitches
www.raisingrueben.blogspot.com

Helene March 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM  

Those are adorable!!!! You are so creative with your crafts!!

Love the little disclaimer at the bottom...giving up craft stores for lent was brilliant!!! But it must have been difficult!

Natalie PlanetSmarty April 7, 2011 at 10:26 PM  

They look fantastic - and now I have to refrain from running back to Michael's and buying the frames. Must... resist and wait until Father's Day :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP