5 Days of Crafting: Day #5 - Matroyshka Tooth Fairy Pillow

>> Thursday, April 7, 2011

I realized as I was going through my blog that I never did post my Day #5 craft from back when My Marine was gone.

When Nani had her first loose tooth, I wanted to make her a tooth fairy pillow.  Her tooth came out before I had a chance to make it.  I figured I'd still make one anyway -- she has plenty of other teeth to come out, right?

While browsing other crafty blogs late one night, I came across this blog and this pattern.  While it was almost exactly what I had in mind, I decided to make my own pattern - just to make it a little bigger, and use more primary colors.

I hot glued the face, pocket and flowers, but ended up hand-stitching the entire pillow and stuffed it with just a little poly-fil to give it a little bulk.



I have to say, that I'm really proud of this particular project!  So much so that I'm going to make one for Nudgie and my niece.  I'm even thinking about just making more so the girls can play with them!

What do you think?

3 comments:

Brimful Curiosities April 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

I need to make a tooth pillow for my daughter, too. What an interesting design! Why did you pick a Matroyshka doll pattern?

Natalie PlanetSmarty April 8, 2011 at 1:41 PM  

I think this is super cute tooth pillow. Thanks for the link to the original pattern too.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP