I'm Mad As Hell!

>> Thursday, April 7, 2011

An angry stream of consciousness this morning......watch out for the steam venting from my brain!

I'm angry that a bunch of pompous politicians sit in their cushy offices in Washington D.C. and hold our fate in their hands. 

I'm angry that both sides can't put aside their egos and think about what's best for the people who voted them into office - thinking at the time that a change was going to be made.  Yep - here's your change, America.....

I'm angry that our President spent more time focusing on Libya rather than calling members of Congress into his office to say fix this NOW! 

I'm angry that our Vice President spent 6 days skiing here in Colorado while I sit here trying to figure out how I'm going to make ends meet if the government shuts down.

I'm a little angry at God right now.  I found out last night that a friend of mine lost her baby boy.  She was around 35 weeks.  What makes this much more painful is that last year - around the same time - she lost her baby girl, Lylac, at about 35 weeks. 

I'm angry at myself for not placing more trust in my faith.  I'm angry that I'm worrying when I know, deep down, that God will provide - one way or another.

I'm angry at my family.  For some reason, they feel the need to "protect me so that I don't worry" - as they like to say.  A few days before my mom flew out here, my dad was in the ER for stomach pains.  Nobody called me.  I found out when my dad let it slip during our phone conversation.  I was angry.  I'm angry that I'm out here in Colorado and not there in Pennsylvania.  I'm angry that no one felt that it was important enough to call me and let me know.

Whew!  That felt good!  Now off for another cup of coffee!

6 comments:

It's Grace April 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM  

I was spitting mad when I got on Fox news this morning and read about how the military won't receive pay until the darn government gets their act together. I am praying and trusting that this will be over soon. They don't get what this means to the people. I can't believe they would not make provisions to ensure the military gets paid. This boils my blood.

Can you say 1-20-13? I'm hoping and praying for REAL change.

I hope your day gets better...

Christy Killoran April 7, 2011 at 8:04 AM  

I'm angry with the government too. Ugh.

I'm sorry about your friend's loss.

I hope your Dad is okay!

I also hope your day gets better!!

Helene April 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

I felt the same anger this morning when I watched the news. It's honestly unbelievable how bad things have gotten.

Natalie PlanetSmarty April 7, 2011 at 9:53 PM  

I am angry with people who won't compromise and put their narrow political agendas over the well-being of millions of people who serve their country. It shouldn't have come to this. I hope the worst can be avoided. So sorry about your friend, I cannot even imagine losing two pregnancies so late.

Toystory April 8, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

I consider most things these days "ANNOYING" and the spectrum is not limited to our "representatives" in DC.

People in general are getting harder to deal with, because the stress level is astounding in this country -- and we didn't just have a 9.0 earthquake and a serious radiation issue.

Life as we know it is changing, and changes are both hard, and did I mention this... annoying!

Anyway, I am so sorry about your friend. I don't know if I could bear that burden.

MaryAnne April 8, 2011 at 4:42 PM  

Your friends loss is heartbreaking!

The government shutdown is really frustrating. And I'm sorry about the situation with your family not keeping you informed, how upsetting!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP