Nani's Homemade Word Search Book

>> Thursday, April 21, 2011

As you all know, my mom is in town.  And one thing my mom likes to do is word searches.  As I recall, my grandmother liked to do them too.  And every once in awhile, I'll pick up a book or two at the Dollar Tree for myself. 

Now my mom has started teaching Nani how to do them too.  During her last visit, we bought her a Disney Princess word search book.  At the time, it was a bit too advanced for her, but she eventually caught on.  For this visit, I thought I'd put together a little word search book that Nani and my mom could do together.  I also thought it would be a great tool for challenging her to expand her vocabulary as well.

So I did a little searching online and found some great resources for printing up my own word searches.  Once I printed up a bunch of pages, I laminted them, 3-hole punched them and put them into a 3-ring binder with a dry-erase marker.





Nani couldn't wait for me to put them all in the binder, so I gave her a couple to start with my mom! 



Here's a list of where I found some great resources!

DLTK Teach has some great alphabet word searches.  (You'll have to click on the individual letter and then scroll down to the "Word Games" section.

First School also has a great resource page.  I like these because you can print off puzzles that have lines to either trace the letter or write the word.

A to Z Teacher Stuff has a GREAT section where you can make your own word searches.  I made three for Nani using the days of the weeks, months of the year, school-related words, and basic music composers.  I hope to make more for her soon!

Other sites are Kid Printables and Puzzle Club

2 comments:

MaryAnne April 21, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

Emma loves EASY word searches! I remember enjoying them as a kid, too!

Anonymous April 23, 2011 at 7:01 AM  

That is so cute! I bet she is having such a blast with that :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP