>> Saturday, May 21, 2011
First of all, if you're reading this then you've survived the Rapture and are a zombie who loves to read mommy blogs.......
Second....be sure to swing by my book giveaway - which ends tonight at midnight! I'm giving away a copy of Janet Evanovich's book, "Sizzling Sixteen" and Nancy Martin's book "Our Lady of Immaculate Deception."
Sippy Cups Are Not For Starbucks does this fun post every Friday - "Friday Night Leftovers". I've enjoyed reading some of her posts, as well as some of the link ups. What a great way to clear your mind! So I've decided to start joining in.
I'm always in need of a good brain dump -- aren't you?
- Why, oh why, does it take me almost a whole morning and at least 4 reheats to finish one cup of coffee? And why is it only the coffee that I make? When I have a Starbucks, I can down that coffee faster than you can say "Grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte with 3 pumps of white mocha"
- I'm stressed about My Marine's car which really isn't working too hot right now. We've been vehicle sharing for about 2 weeks. While I don't mind driving him in....I know he does. And I'm not a big fan of getting the girls up at 5:30am to drive him to work. Really cuts in on my "Morning Me Time". Selfish, I know. We took it into the shop today. Now the prayers and candlelight vigils begin.
- Which brings me to my attitude. I've had a shitty attitude all week. I've been crabby, mean, impatient. I've been losing my temper with my girls and my husband. In general, I just don't like myself this week. Some say it's SAD because we've had such rainy weather this week. Personally, I think it's a combination of PMS and a negative pregnancy test - which I took on Wednesday. Like I mentioned on my Facebook page -- I need a major attitude adjustment -- and fast.
- My laptop crapped out on me yesterday - adding to my week of crabbiness. The hard drive went. It's the one I had replaced when the Toshiba I had before died multiple deaths. This one wasn't even a year old. Fortunately, they were able to replace this one with no questions. I am the new owner of a Dell. We'll see how long this one lasts. Today I have spent the last 5 hours trying to save my files from the old hard drive. It has not been a pleasant task and my eye is twitching. Right before writing this post, I spent a good chunk of my life transferring and backing up photo files. Now, I'm working on my music files. I figure I'll be done by the time Nani graduates high school.
- There have been a few bright spots this week. I was able to get Season 2 of Big Love and Season 3 of The Tudors from the library! I also discovered they also have all seasons of Project Runway! Sweet! I'm all set for when My Marine leaves next month!
- And finally - my sweet Nani received an award in school today for "Overall Excellence" during the academic year! I'm so stinkin' proud of her!!