Tot School - A Little Of This, A Little Of That

>> Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tot School
(Nudgie is 34 months old)
 
(To see what others are doing at Tot School, click on the "Tot School" above!)
 
**************************************

This week was a little bit of a mish-mosh of activities.  It was just a blah week for me (if you read my recap post, you know that I haven't been a model mommy this week....)

We've had some goofy weather this past week - rain and quick peeks of the sun before it rained again.  So, we tried to get outside as much as we could when the sun was shining.

The girls played in the big lawnmower box that we had been saving for them.  They sat and read books and then I told them I was going to box them up to ship to Bubbe and Grandpap!



I bought the girls some spray bottles from the Dollar Tree.  I filled them up with water and some food coloring and let them have at it.  Nudgie was in heaven!  She was so proud of herself for figuring out how to get the water out all by herself!  (I think she had more fun chasing her sister around though!)



Then I drew some circle on the driveway and wrote numbers in them.  As I called out the numbers, they had to find them and squirt them.  Nudgie gave up after awhile and just started squirting the ants she'd find.



When it started to rain again, we'd stay inside, read books, colors and play games.  Nudgie would spend a lot of time lining up magnets on a cookie sheet.  At least for this week, this was the current toy of choice -- she'd drag that thing everywhere!  And when I could get the cookie sheet away from her, I gave her her raisin book with a bowl of raisins and just watched her play.


The highlight of the week was going to watch Daddy do water bucket training with the unit.  I packed their little chairs in the car and stopped to get them Happy Meals.  Once we got to the site, I let them sit and eat their lunch while they watched Daddy work.

Eating lunch while watching Daddy work

Daddy high in the sky

A wave from Daddy

Daddy and his cool mask!

Too loud mommy!
See you at home daddy!

So, in spite of the yucky weather and my crabby mood, it was still a pretty fun week!!  Hope everyone has a great week!


****************************************************

6 comments:

LucieP May 22, 2011 at 8:45 AM  

ok you may not think you've been a model mommy but I am inspired!! I love the magnet and cookie tray- I love drawing #s having the kids spray them when you call them out!!!!
And how cool is it that the girls can see daddy in action?!
I hope this week is good for you!!

PS= Thanks for the house wishes- I'm trying not to overload my motherboard!

Christy Killoran May 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

Looks like a lot of fun. My kids love spray bottles - why do we buy toys?

MaryAnne May 22, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

Sounds like a fun week! Love the picture of your girls in the box =)

Mom of 12 May 23, 2011 at 12:42 AM  

That looks like so much fun! And you have a pretty cute marine too...my kids would have loved the helicopter!
Sandy

Stefanie May 23, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

I had to LOL at them in the lawnmower box. We just bought a new mower recently and that's exactly what my girls did.

Fun week!! Ours was very laid back too.

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd May 24, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

wow! You are so creative- I love that the girls had fun in a box ;) we don't need to buy anything

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP