Frugal Teacher Appreciation Picture Frame

>> Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's Teacher Appreciation Week.  And I cannot express to you how much I LOVE Nani's Kindergarten teacher - Miss Hartline!  She's new to our school and I believe that this is her first year teaching as well.  She's very enthusiastic and is fabulous with the kids.  Since school has started, I've seen Nani blossom and grow in so many ways!

Did I mention that I love this teacher to pieces!!!

Anyway - Nani wanted to make something special, so I suggested we make a picture frame -- and the bonus was that we already had all the supplies on hand!!  LOVE when that happens!!



I gave Nani a picture frame to paint red.  (When the craft stores have these on sale, I just stock up on them!)  Then she painted some wooden letters that I had leftover from another project.  (I have a jar of these letters and hoped they'd come in handy some day!)


Once all that was dry, she glued the letters on the corners of the picture frame and then we decided to fill in the rest with crayons.  (Crayons seem to multiply in our home like dust bunnies, so we had a bunch to choose from.)  The only help I gave Nani was gluing the crayons on since the glue that we initially used just didn't seem to be working very well -- so out came my trusty hot glue gun.



I thought the frame looked a little empty without something in it, so I did a search online and found the cute teacher quote that you see.  Printed it off on some photo paper, inserted it in the frame, and viola!  A cute (and frugal!) teacher gift!!


I'd say she's pretty happy with her efforts, don't you think?



Link Party Thursdays




Friend Finding Fridays

6 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty May 5, 2011 at 9:40 AM  

This is very beautiful! I have to remember this idea for the next week.

MaryAnne May 5, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

I LOVE this! I've been searching for something to have Johnny make for his wonderful preschool teachers; this may do the trick. Thanks!

Elle Belles Bows May 5, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

CUTE! Simple and Easy too!! Love it!

Kerri

La-Dee-da crafter May 9, 2011 at 10:09 AM  

I love that your kids made this. I love it. Any teacher would be lucky to get this.
ladeedacreations.com

I am Laura May 11, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

so cute! I think her teacher will love it too. Thanks for playing at my blog party. Come play again!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP