Outdoor Playing - Splat Painting

>> Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day weekend was the first weekend we had super hot weather.  My Marine took advantage of the weather to do some yard work and I took advantage of the chance to do some fun outdoor activities with the girls - Splat Painting!

Nani really enjoyed this activity......Nudgie, not so much......


Old shower curtain, egg carton to hold paints, cut up sponges, and plastic tongs



Plastic spatulas from thrift store.  I think next time I'll use slotted spatulas.  These just didn't quite give me the SPLAT I was looking for.

But, Nani didn't care.  She still loved whacking the sponge!


Nudgie didn't want to have anything to do with the spatulas, so I thought I'd try balloon painting with her.  Again - Nani just LOVED this.....

Nudgie -- not so much......

She tried once.........

Finished product!

Very fun and very messy!  And as I mentioned before, next time I'd use slotted spatulas for more of a SPLAT!  We'll definitely be doing this again this summer!

14 comments:

MaryAnne May 16, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

This looks like fun! We'll have to give it a go if the weather EVER warms up here!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow May 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

Sometimes the kids just don't give the activity a chance, do they? Glad Nani had a blast! Hopefully next time Nudgie will join in more :)

Helene May 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

How fun is that?! My kids would have had paint all over themselves, the driveway and probably our cars! I'm impressed that your girls managed to keep the paint on the shower curtain!

Andrea May 19, 2011 at 5:10 PM  

This is fantastic! I have fly swatter painting planned for next week. In the past we have done sponge painting with clothespins attached instead of tongs. The tongs are a great idea too:)
Found you over at Mama Pea Pod
~Jada roo can do

jenny @ let the children play May 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM  

We did the same thing at preschool this week with the fly swatters :)

http://progressiveearlychildhoodeducation.blogspot.com/2011/05/splat-painting.html

Unknown May 20, 2011 at 4:34 AM  

Thanks for sharing this at our Outdoor Play link-up! Your girls certainly managed to stay very clean for splat painting! Lucky you!

Hope to see you again next week!

Anonymous May 20, 2011 at 5:58 AM  

This looks like good messy fun! I'd love for you to come share at Fun For Kids Friday.

http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/05/fun-for-kids-friday_19.html

Jo @ SmileMonsters

LocalFunForKids May 21, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

It looks like the kids had a blast doing this activity : ) Thanks for linking up with fun for Kids Friday. Have a great weekend!

Sarah May 22, 2011 at 6:20 PM  

I loved this idea of using the fly swatters! AND I loved how you adjusted the activity to meet both children's needs/interests! So FUN!!!

I featured you our on Blog Hop this weekend!!

http://ateacheratheart.blogspot.com/

~Sarah

Anonymous May 22, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

That looks like so much fun! What a great way to reuse an old shower curtain. I know you are suppose to replace those every so often and now maybe I won't feel guilty about doing that!
Thanks so much for joining the outdoor play link up.

Laura May 25, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

very fun. I like the balloon idea too and thanks for the suggestion of using slotted spatulas. If we ever do this I will keep it in mind. Looks like it was fun even if your one daughter wasn't interested.

I Am Rachele May 26, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

Your article has been featured on It's Playtime this week. Thanks for joining us and don't forget to grab a featured button :)

Rachele @ Messy Kids

Mille idee al nido June 5, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

We love tris activity. We play whit spatulas and sponges tris week! Ciao ciao!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP