>> Tuesday, May 17, 2011
It's never too early to start thinking about summer!
As I was visiting Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns the other day and saw that she started her Summer Bucket List. It got me thinking about some fun things I'd like to do with the girls this summer too.
My Marine is going to be gone for most of the summer, so it's up to me to keep the girls happy and entertained while he's gone. There will be a few weeks that he'll be home, so I'm hoping to have some activities for them to do together.
In the meantime, I've done a quick brain dump of some things that may be on our list this summer:
1. Road trip to Pittsburgh (pending gas prices, of course.....)
2. Camping in the backyard or at a real campsite (I've never been camping before!)
3. Make homemade bubbles
4. Make Kool-Aid playdough
5. Picnic at the Reservoir
6. Go to the County Fair
7. Go to the Hot Air Balloon festival
8. Paint t-shirts
9. Weekend road trip to the mountains (if the road trip to Pittsburgh doesn't work out)
10. Work with Nani to read one chapter book all by herself
11. Make homemade sidewalk paint
12. Lots and lots of swimming and running through the sprinklers
13. Go to a drive-in movie
14. Picnic at the zoo
15. Eat ice cream cones and not care how messy the girls get!
16. Participate in the library's summer reading program
17. Make s'mores (now that we have a charcoal grill!)
18. Teach Nudgie her colors by playing Twister
17. Give Nani a camera and let her document her summer in photos
18. Finally read the entire "Chronicles of Narnia" series (that's mommy's personal goal!)
I'm sure more will be added as I come across more ideas!!
After finding some other fun summer lists, I've added a few more things!
19. Go to yard sales
20. Go to the berry farm
21. Have a "Russian" theme week
22. Go to the movies
23. Play board games
24. Read books outside
25. Play hopscotch
26. Visit the Littleton Historical Farm
27. Make a paper link chain to count down the first 100 days of school (I found this idea at Michelle's Charm World!)-
So what's on YOUR list for a fun summer!