"What My Daddy Does" by Nani

>> Thursday, May 19, 2011

On Tuesday, I took the girls to see daddy at work since the unit was doing water bucket training (for putting out wildfires, etc.) at the local reservoir right up the street.  We stopped and got Happy Meals and I packed their little chairs in the car -- they were in heaven!

So, about a week ago, I found a cool journal at the thrift store.  On one side in had lines to write and on the other side, it was blank - to draw pictures, glue momentos, etc.  I thought it would be a great start to get Nani journaling.  After we got home, Nani was very excited about wanting to write in her journal about what she saw.

About an hour after we put her to bed, My Marine comes downstairs with her journal in his hand.  Turns out she left it at the top of the stairs for us to see.  I translated the story for you and included the picture she drew as well.....




"After school, I had to have some quiet time.  When I got up, I had to see helicopter.  Some times they hold buckets.  Helicopters pick up the water and the fire comes out.  And the smoke comes out from the bottom.  Mr. Troy visits us.  We eat Happy Meals.  We got a toy.  I had to get in the car.  Mommy took pictures.  They landed on the ground.  Daddy came to see us.  We went home."

Just made My Marine's heart melt!!!!

8 comments:

MaryAnne May 19, 2011 at 5:02 AM  

This is so sweet! She's doing great with her writing, too!

Christy Killoran May 19, 2011 at 6:33 AM  

I LOVE this! You will treasure it forever!

Buckeroomama May 19, 2011 at 9:15 PM  

That is so sweet! I love her drawing of the helicopter. It is so great that she is starting a journal. =)

Anonymous May 21, 2011 at 12:41 AM  

This is just so adorable :) I can't wait until Adaline is this age. I LOVE that you're having her journal and document. It's so great to see/hear stories in their own words through their eyes.

It's shocking how much memorabilia I have left from my childhood because my mom is a thrower-outer. Once I got old enough I squirreled away every possible thing I could in my room. There's still a ton of stuff that got thrown away, but I'm thrilled for every piece of paper where I scribbled a date and a few sentences about my day.

Brenna @ Almost All The Truth May 22, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

Aw, very sweet! What a great idea to start her journaling. :)

Jessica @FoundtheMarbles May 22, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

That is just about as precious as it gets. Treasure that letter forever.

Laura May 25, 2011 at 7:44 AM  

very cool. Your kids will love journaling. My mom helped me keep a journal when I was young and I cherish it today. Thanks for sharing at my child art link party.

Tara @ Feels Like Home May 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

I just love it. What a wonderful treasure!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP