Happy 48th Anniversary To My Parents

>> Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Anniversary to my mom and dad!  48 years ago today my parents were married!  May 18, 1963.



I emailed my dad the other day.  I wanted to hear (again) the story of how he and my mom met.  I knew, though, if I told him that I was going to write about it on my blog, he'd never tell me.  So I told him that I was doing a project for Nani at school.  So below - is the sweet story about how my mom and dad met - in my dad's words!

Well as I remember it, ( I"m sure your mother will have a different version ), I got hired at Green's 5 & 10 as a part time custodian, (ie flunky but what the heck it was more than my $2.00 allowance at the orphanage). I got the job because my aunt knew the chief custodian there and he said they were looking for some PT help. Needless to say I got hired. One of my jobs was to empty the trash cans at all the counters and that's how I met your mother. She worked at the China counter downstairs near the back room where all the trash was loaded into the freight elevator. So I made it a point to try and pass by her counter as I emptied the trash. We struck-up conversations because she recognized me as the celebrity I was. (Shortly before being hired one of the Pittsburgh papers ran an article about Auberle Memorial and my picture was in that article). When she asked if I was the one in the paper she wanted my autograph (just kidding).  Just think if my picture hadn't been in the paper you might not be here.  (PS I think I still have that picture - if you mother hasn't disposed of it. And after 53 years history is still being made.......dad

I just love that story -- but I love these pictures of my parents even more!


Probably shortly after they started dating - late 1950s?

Wedding Day 1963
(A little bit of mindless information - my wedding dress was almost EXACTLY like my mother's!)

LOVE this photo of my parents!  This was taken right shortly after My Marine and I got engaged.

Family vacation to Busch Gardens

Mom and Dad -

I know over the years you two have gotten on each other's nerves and have wondered if it's even all worth it.  But you know that it was.  You two may fight.  You two may squabble.  You two may fight over the recliner and remote.  But the one thing you two still agree on is how much you love each other -- even though you grumpily joke it's not true!  You have two kids that love you more than you'll ever know and two beautiful granddaughters who think the sun rises and sets on you both.  None of that would be here if it hadn't been for a shy kid gathering up the guts to start a conversation while emptying trash.  And on that note.....when you want to yell because he doesn't listen or you want to yell because she rolls her eyes just one more time....remember what you've created and what your legacy now is.





Oh yeah....and Zoja loves you too!
 Happy Anniversary!!!  We love you!!

4 comments:

Patty May 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM  

What a sweet story! Thanks for sharing. I love their wedding pictures. Happy Anniversary to them and MANY more!!!

MaryAnne May 18, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

So sweet! I loved the story, and all the pictures. That's a gorgeous dress, no wonder you picked a similar one!

Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad!

Anonymous May 18, 2011 at 1:01 PM  

Awww, how sweet :)
I love the wedding pictures, her gown was so pretty!

OurWanderingAdventures May 18, 2011 at 8:24 PM  

Sweet post and wonderful photos!! Thanks for dropping by my blog! I'm following you too!!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP