Friday Night Leftovers - 6/4

>> Saturday, June 4, 2011

BWS tips button



Sippy Cups Are Not For Starbucks does this fun post every Friday - "Friday Night Leftovers".  I've enjoyed reading some of her posts, as well as some of the link ups.  What a great way to clear your mind!  I've been a little MIA this past week.  It's been a week of nonstop madness here -- and hopefully it will stop after Monday!
  • Today is Nani's dance recital.  How bad is it that I'm so incredibly excited for her and proud of her, but yet I can't wait for the day to be over?  AND - to boot - My Marine is going to miss it all.  Thank you U.S. Army!

  • Last time I posted, I was stressing about My Marine's car which we WERE able to have fixed.  And it didn't cost us Nani's college fund.  We're in the market for a new used car which will just get him to the base and back.  A couple of opportunities fell in our lap - and then promptly rolled right off.  So, we're back to square one. 

  • Can SOMEONE PLEASE tell me where the hell all these moths are coming from????  I feel like I'm living on the movie set of "The Swarm" and am afraid to turn the lights on for fear of being dive-bombed.  Not to mention Nudgie waking up in the middle of the night in fits of terror because the "butterflies are flying" in her room.  I'm afraid that one morning I'll walk in and find her wearing a beard of moths saying, "Look Mommy!  Butterflies!"  My Marine said that the helicopters are full of them as well - which poses a bit of a challenge for the pilots.  Kinda hard to fly a helicopter when you're trying to swat away the moths trying to eat your brains.  You kill one - 4 more pop up.  They're like zombies!

Until next week!!!

3 comments:

Danifred June 5, 2011 at 7:24 AM  

We have crazy moths here in July and August and it's exactly like you describe- I turn on the lights and I'm dive bombed. They're definitely not as cute as butterflies and much more annoying!

Jenn Rian June 5, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

Awww, a dance recital :) I can't wait until Adaline is old enough to take dance (next year!). She's already started talking about the "ballanots" (ballerinas).

Boo, that stinks.

Wow. I've never had a problem with moths (except that one time here: http://coolestfamilyontheblock.com/2010/10/06/wordful-wednesday-the-moth/), but there are stink bugs everywhere around here :( Luckily most of the ones we find are dead, but it's still pretty gross.

Dawn June 6, 2011 at 3:13 PM  

We don't have the huge moth problem everyone else does but we keep getting these little tiny black beetles. They are invading EVERYTHING!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP