When Insomnia and Crafting Collide - Patriotic Wreath

>> Sunday, June 12, 2011

I couldn't sleep last night.  I was so tired, but I just couldn't sleep.  So, I pulled out the crafting supplies and got to work! 

I had this wreath form sitting in a box in my laundry room for awhile.  Before My Marine left, I asked him to measure out 9 spaces on the wreath for me.....which he did using formulas and equations that would probably put NASA to shame.


Then I started wrapping it with red, white, and blue yarn.  I found this really cool "boucle-like" yarn on sale at Jo-Ann's a couple weeks ago.  Nani calls it the "bumpy" yarn.  I just think it added a bit more texture to the wreath.


Then I made a bunch of red, white, and blue felt rosette flowers and glued some stars in the center.


And then about midnight - like a crazy woman - I hung it on my door and took pictures!



Then I tried to sleep - and failed - so then I started working on my second craft.......stay tuned!

6 comments:

MaryAnne June 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

Your wreath is awesome! Very different from anything I've seen. Insomnia paid off, even if you paid for it the next morning =)

Cassie June 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

That is VERY cute! I am definitely putting it on my to do list!

Anonymous June 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

You may be a crazy woman, but that wreath is darn cute!

LucieP June 14, 2011 at 8:26 PM  

girl I love it!!! Now we gotta figure out how to tire your brain!

Elle Belles Bows June 16, 2011 at 5:47 PM  

I love your wreath!

My 4th of July wreath needs a revamp but not certain I will get to it this year.

Full moon nights get me for the insomnia:-)

Kerri

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP