September Goals

>> Thursday, September 1, 2011


I'm a big fan of lists and goals.  I often times fall short, but I still love the security of having a To-Do list (ok, so it may be multiple to-do lists!)

I've been a big fan of MaryAnne over at Mama Smiles.  She writes one of my favorite blogs and has this fabulous idea of setting monthly goals. I had been doing this for awhile, but then just stopped.  Now that summer is over and I'm getting back into a routine, it's time to start back up with planning some monthly goals! 

What I love most about her monthly goals is that she has 5 different areas to target - like peace, charity, gratitude - and her goals revolve around those. I just LOVE this concept!  So, inspired by Mama Smiles, here are some of the areas I will focus on:

Health:  Planning healthier meals for my family, getting more exercise.

Family:  Planning family time, eating dinner together, keeping in touch with extended family.

Community:  Spending time with friends, honoring volunteer committments.

Gratitude:  Making time to focus on what we have and to be thankful.

Charity:  Reaching out to others less fortunate, sharing what we have with others.

Faith:  Attending church services, praying for others and my family, regular quiet time with God.

Creativity:  Encourage my children (and myself) to indulge in our creative side.

Homemaking:  Remember to try to keep my home peaceful, organized and a welcoming place for friends


*********************

Goals for September:

Work on FRG (Family Readiness Group) commitments; Reach out to families, soldiers and spouses - Community

Have family time at dinner at least 3x a week (pending My Marine's schedule) and plan a date night with My Marine - Family

Start easing back into a workout routine and planning meals/menus - Health, Homemaking

Prayer time and reflection; Attend church services - Faith, Community, Family

Start to take the girls shopping for items for Toys for Tots and Operation Christmas Child donations - Gratitude, Charity, Family

Begin to make Christmas gifts for friends and family - Community, Family, Creativity

Keep my chaos at home organized, try to stay on track with chores and finances; Start listing new items on eBay; Set up reward system for the girls' chore charts - Homemaking, Family

So do you have goals for September? Come link them up with Mama Smiles!

4 comments:

Anonymous September 1, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

Great idea! I may have to do this :)

MaryAnne September 1, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

I'm so excited that you are linking up again! I love the areas you have picked to focus on. I love that you are looking for toys to give for toys for tots this early - I never would have thought to, but it's a great idea before the big holiday shopping crunch!

Anonymous September 1, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

Great post! I also love lists and find they help me stay more organized...but I've never thought of doing lists this way. So creative...and it will definitely help keep faith and family uppermost while doing what needs to be done every day.

Natalie PlanetSmarty September 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM  

I am impressed that you are starting your Christmas shopping so early. I only wish I could be as organized as some of my blog friends :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP