Tot School (38 months) --> Letter C and Circles

>> Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tot School
(Nudgie is 38 months old)
 
(To see what others are doing at Tot School, click on the "Tot School" above!)
 
**************************************
 

FINALLY!!  Back to school!!  Nani started first grade last week and I held off one more week before starting with Nudgie.  It's so nice to have our schedule back!  I decided to start off with the letter C, circles and numbers.

I'm also still using Tot Trays for Nudgie for those free play moments as well.  This week we used her color peg game, playdough, puzzles, and her toy ponies.  The peg game and the playdough were a huge hit.  The puzzles and ponies - not so much!



We've read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".  To emphasize what we were reading, we created a caterpillar out of Nudgie's name and then I printed off printables to correspond with the story.  As we read about what the caterpillar was eating, she'd glue that picture to the paper.  (I loved that I had "grass" scrapbook paper to use!)





 Also, in keeping with our "caterpillar" theme, I also cut up an egg carton and let her paint it.  After it dried, we added some pipe cleaner for the antenna and glued a picture of her on the front.  She really LOVED this!



We colored.  And boy does this child LOVE coloring!!  She's always got a handful of crayons!



We used our "dot markers"



We started "pre-writing" the letter C.  I was so surprised at how well she did this -- and kept asking to do more!


We counted our numbers with beans and a caterpillar printable.


(Most of the worksheets shown were from Confessions of a Homeschooler)

We made a circle collage using circle scrapbook paper and circle foam stickers.  I had Nudgie peel the stickers off herself.  Great fine motor skill exercise!




The one day I remembered to take a picture of our snack - we had crackers, cheese, and carrots.



My Marine and I also thought that it was time to start Nudgie on some small responsibilities around the house.  We had been giving her small chores to do before, but since Nani has a chore/behavior chart, we decided to make one for Nudgie too.  To make it more appealing to her, I picked up some of those AWESOME Mickey Mouse ears paint chips from Home Depot.  My Marine drew out some lines for me and I attached everything with velcro.  Nudgie is very excited now to have her own chart!


And finally - mommy's favorite picture -- Nudgie showing off the "curl-your-tongue" gene that she inherited from daddy!!

So, overall, our first week was a pretty busy and fun-filled week!  Hope everyone has a great week!


****************************************************


Linking up with:
 
No Time for Flashcards - Link and Learn
 

Classified: Mom



Tot School



Montessori Monday









The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom

Triple Duty


10 comments:

MaryAnne September 5, 2011 at 4:14 AM  

That last photo is super cute! I especially love the caterpillar from your name activity!

Fields September 5, 2011 at 6:34 AM  

She is precious! Great activities!

Anonymous September 5, 2011 at 7:40 AM  

I saw you visited and thought I'd see what you were up to. We're doing the letter C this week, and I love your ideas - especially the caterpillar! I may have to steal that...

Today began with my trying to get the paint out of my daughter's dot marker, the cap flying off, and paint shooting everywhere. *sigh* What kind do you have? They seem bigger and brighter than mine.

We decorated a letter C with cotton ball clouds... and then the kiddos wanted to go outside. I plan all this stuff we don't do; trying to learn to be flexible.

Deb Chitwood September 5, 2011 at 4:52 PM  

Glad to hear you're still using tot trays! Those (or any Montessori-inspired trays) are wonderful to use throughout the preschool years! Great caterpillar activities - thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page.

Anonymous September 5, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

Love, love, love the photos! And the crafts are super. Thanks for the heads-up about Tot School...I clicked on the link and went there...great site with awesome activities and wonderful mission statement...it is the stages, not the ages that count.
Would love to connect with some of the other homeschooling moms...I know my book would be a great resource. Just came back from Chicago where I did a book event with parents and kids:http://bit.ly/oKWqx4

Marlynn September 5, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

looks like a good week! I need to get my girls some chore charts, thanks for the reminder! :)

Unknown September 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

I love the idea of using the Mickey Mouse paint chips. So cute!

New follower from Mom Blog Hop.
http://shrinkingmommy.blogspot.com

Isil Simsek September 8, 2011 at 7:27 AM  

Looks like she is having a fantastic time!Thx for linking up to Book Sharing Monday!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas September 10, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

great activities! she looks like she had a great time while learning.

Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcase! Hope to see you again this week!

Bern
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP