Tot School - A Little of This and That

>> Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tot School
(Nudgie is 38 months old)
 
(To see what others are doing at Tot School, click on the "Tot School" above!)
 
**************************************

So, we're getting back into the swing of Tot School.  I'm still trying to find the right schedule for us.  Last week, it seemed like I ran errands every single day and didn't get much schooling done at all.  This week, Mother Nature decided to be generous and grace us with a glimpse of cool, fall weather.  So we spent a lot of time outside playing!

I did change out her Tot Trays this week, but we really didn't spend too much time on them -- we preferred  being outside!  So I'll keep the trays for the upcoming week.


We spent a lot of time outside playing with our number peg boards.  I made these out of some scrap wood that I picked up for free at a garage sale.  (Full post on this coming soon!)



We moved her little play kitchen outside and she had a blast cooking up a storm in her outdoor kitchen!




On the one day where it did rain, we stayed inside and baked some lemon blueberry tea bread to take to a coffee playdate, read books, colored and watched a little Sesame Street. 

During Nudgie's nap time, I pulled out some foam sheets and shape stickers that I had and decided to make some pattern sheets for her to work on after nap time.

My stash

Pattern sheets

Working those fine motor skills by taking off the paper from the stickers

Trying to match mommy's patterns


Mine on the left and Nudgie's on the right



So, overall, it wasn't a really busy week, but we still had fun!!  Hope everyone has a great week!

****************************************************




Linking up with:
 
No Time for Flashcards - Link and Learn 


Classified: Mom


Tot School


Montessori Monday






The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom


Triple Duty


9 comments:

LeeanneA September 18, 2011 at 7:50 AM  

I want to make some of those peg counting boards - I can't wait for your post on making them. Glad you got the wood for free!

Unknown September 19, 2011 at 6:18 AM  

Lots of wonderful activities! Thank you for sharing.

Theprincessandthetot September 19, 2011 at 7:30 AM  

I love your patterning activity, and your little one did a really great job with it!

Katrina September 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

We have that very same play kitchen!
Love all your activities...might have to borrow a few of your ideas, as I am always looking for ways to entertain my little ones during homeschooling hours. Thanks for sharing.
I'm a new follower of your blog.
Katrina
They All Call Me Mom

martianne September 19, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

Great activities and even better that you moved school outside for much of the week. I do the same often!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction September 19, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

Can't wait to see these peg boards!!! Thanks so much for linking up to Made by Little Hands Mondays!
Hope you are having a great Monday!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Deb Chitwood September 20, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

Your number peg boards turned out great - so professional looking! And I love the idea of taking activities outdoors on nice days!!! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

Unknown September 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

Your counting boards look amazing! You did a fantastic job. And I also find it hard to stay inside when the weather is gorgeous (and sometimes even when it's not). I love the play kitchen outside, and I am seriously coveting your stash of craft foam. hehe. I found your post through the Sunday Showcase. Thank you for sharing!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas September 24, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

Those peg boards are GREAtT and your lil princess did such a fab job recreating the patterns!

Thanks so much for sharing & linking to the Sunday Showcase! I hope to see you again this week!

Bern
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP