Where I've Been.....

>> Thursday, October 13, 2011

I know....I've kind of fallen off the proverbial blogging cliff lately. 

I blame my mom. 

She's been in town since the end of September.  And I think I mentioned that when she's in town she stays in our family room where the pull-out couch is.  The same room that is my morning haven -- my space for coffee, Bible & computer time.  So while she's here, the computer has been up in our bedroom.  When faced with the choice of getting up and having my morning time or just rolling over and snuggling under the comforters for another hour - there's no choice.  The comforters win.

But just to let you know I'm still alive, here's a quick recap of what we've been doing here.....

  • My dad had a brief hospital stay due to a flare up of his diverticulitis.  We weren't sure if it was a hernia since he was moving some furniture before the pain started or if it was something else.  And my dad -- MY dad -- drives HIMSELF to the ER.  BACK in PITTSBURGH!!  A 2-day drive from me.  We had my mom all packed up and ready to fly home early -- with me going along with her.  But, all is well now.  He's home -- still a tad uncomfortable -- but with some new meds and a strict diet for a few days.  I HATE being so far away from my parents!
  • I attended the Women of Faith Conference here in Denver with my dear friend "R".  It's a yearly tradition for us now and we each take turns buying the tickets for the next year's conference.  I saw some fabulous speakers (Patsy Clairmont, Marilyn Meberg, Lisa Whelchel, Brenda Warner, Andy Andrews and Karen Kingsbury PLUS a FABULOUS performance from Amy Grant and Mandisa!)  It was a beautiful, faith-filled weekend!  There is nothing more glorious than being in a room with 8,000+ women singing praises to God in one voice.  I still get goose-bumps thinking about it!
  • We attended a Math and Literacy Nights at Nani's school.  We found out that when it comes to helping our daughter with math homework, we're screwed.  (Can you say "tutor"?)  She's not struggling by any mean -- on the contrary, she's doing very well.  But we know that come algebra, mommy & daddy are no help whatsoever.  Now, if you ask daddy about Middle East-US relations, then Nani's sure to get an A!  We also found out that our daughter is reading at a 3rd grade level.  So, so proud of her!  Also, while mom is here, I've been volunteering at Nani's school about 3 days a week now.  I LOVE IT!!!  There isn't a better reward than hugs from the kids and Nani saying "Mommy, I love when you come to school and help my friends!"  Sigh........
  • My Marine and I had a date night.  We went to a local hole in the wall hangout for some great wings and met up with some friends.  Afterwards we checked out Toby Keith's bar "I Love This Bar" and had a BLAST!  Our one friend, "L" even rode the bull -- on a dare, of course!
  • We think we may finally have a buyer for My Marine's Eclipse.  Finally!!  The guy is coming this morning to take it for an emissions test.  If it passes, he may buy it today.  We have two other potential buyers waiting in the wings.  I'm confident we'll have this baby sold by the weekend.
  • And finally, I'm exploring my options for becoming credentialed as a preschool teacher or even a teacher's assistant.  I have found that I am completely and thoroughly enjoying homeschooling Nudgie, as well as helping out with Nani's class.  I seriously think I missed my calling.  But it's never too late -- right???
So, that's about it......I'm hoping to get some posts written over the weekend (My Marine has drill and won't be home......)  I've got some great crafts that I want to share and some fun Tot School posts with Nudgie!

Hope you're all doing well!!

1 comments:

MaryAnne October 13, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

It's NEVER too late!!! You would make an awesome preschool teacher!

It sounds like you've been getting a lot done. I'm glad your dad is okay. It is really hard being far away from parents.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP