Thrift Store Finds

>> Saturday, November 12, 2011

I love our local thrift stores.  There's three within a few miles of each other and when I have the time and am by myself, I have been known to hit all three in one day.  This was true the other day when My Marine took the girls for the morning so mommy could have a little break.

And my hunting found some GREAT deals!

A set of embroidery hoops that I can use for some upcoming crafts I have in mind.  TOTAL - $1



A set of 6 coffee mugs from World Market.  I just LOVE the polka dot pattern and these are no longer available through World Market.  So fun!  TOTAL - .49/each!



I've also been wanting new dishes, but didn't want to pay full price for them.  So I was thrilled when I found this set of Crate and Barrel dishes - set of 8 dinner plates and set of 8 dessert plates.  TOTAL - $4



Two sets of Lakeshore wooden puzzles - Opposites and Big and Little.  The best thing about these was that even though they were exactly the same, the prices on them were different.  One was .99 and the other was marked $1.99.  I brought that to the cashier's attention and she gave me the lower price for the 2nd one.  Score!  TOTAL - $.99/ea.



An almost complete set of Junie B. Jones books.  There's a few titles missing, but those I can add using my credits from Paperback Swap(If you don't know about Paperback Swap, click on my link and check it out!  It's AWESOME!  If you choose to sign up, please feel free to use me as a referral - booklover1212) - TOTAL $2.00



And my biggest find was this magnetic board/game from HABA.  I did a little research and found that on Amazon, it's retailing new between $38/$31.  I got it for $1.99!!!  I'll be saving this and the puzzles for Nudgie for Christmas.


I also picked up 3 pairs of my favorite Old Navy jeans for $1/ea.  Didn't get photos of those.

I just LOVE thrifting!  It's like going on a treasure hunt!  So....do you thrift?  And if so, what's the best deal you've found?

7 comments:

Julie Danielle November 12, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

What great finds! I love those cups. I love to go to thrift stores too. So much fun!

LeeanneA November 12, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

OH great finds! Love to see what other people find - I am addicted to garage sales and thrift shops! I did my whole classroom from garage sales!
http://kreativeactivities.blogspot.com/2011/07/classroom-tour.html
Have a look!

Natalie PlanetSmarty November 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

Wow, that Haba game is a great find! I don't really go to the thrift stores but love garage sale finds. Our best one was a set of wooden blocks for $5 that are going for $50+ new. Needless to say, they were as good as new :)

Sara November 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

You have some seriously amazing thrift stores. LOVE the polka dot cups.

MaryAnne November 15, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

Those are some fantastic finds! II love a good thrift store!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments November 27, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

Great finds! I love the puzzles, Haba game, and especially Junie B. Jones books! (haha I loved reading them way back when I was volunteering at our youngest's elementary school library).

I still have a number of our kids' toys set aside for when our future grandbabies come to visit :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

OurWanderingAdventures December 13, 2011 at 9:20 PM  

Oh my what awesome finds!!! Great job!!! I wish i had a friend locally that loved thrifting as much as I do :) For now, I am teaching my children how to hunt down a good find!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP