Goodbye 2011 - Hello 2012!!!

>> Saturday, December 31, 2011


It can't be happening! The holidays are already over and the year is coming to a close. December flew by in the blink of an eye -- birthdays to celebrate (Nani's and mine), school activities, decorating, Christmas parties, and so much more. I literally felt like I just woke up and it was all over. And to add to the touch of the holiday blues, I never did like the time between Christmas and New Year's. It just always seems like such a downer after all the preparations and activities leading up to Christmas.

And now it's here. In just a few hours, the door will close on 2011 and a new door will open on 2012.

Who knows what the New Year will bring. I feel like I'm looking down a road where you can only see a little bit ahead of you -- but further on, you don't know if there's a hard curve, a steep hill to climb, a sharp descent. All you can do is hang on and have faith that however your road is paved, God will be there to help you drive.

So with that in mind, I've made resolutions and goals in the past -- and failed miserably -- usually within the month of setting the goals. I start off with good intentions, I really do. But then, that little devil starts whispering, "Why bother trying because you'll just fail anyway." I believe that -- and I quit. And to be honest -- the only things I've probably ever finished from start to finish are my pregnancies! I'm that bad of a procrastinator!

But those of you who have been reading me, know that I'm a big fan of Mama Smiles and her fabulous idea of setting monthly goals. I've been doing this for about a year now and found that it's really been a good thing for me - small, manageable goals that I can achieve! Love, love, love her!!!

Anyway - I've decided that I'm going to continue with monthly goals instead of planning "resolutions" for the whole year.  BUT there is ONE goal that I am setting for myself that may just take the whole year......

In 2012, I'm going to pursue a new dream of becoming a preschool teacher/teacher's aide.

I'm very excited about it -- and a little overwhelmed about even knowing where to begin!  My Marine told me to at least look into it.  Then I'll have a better idea of it's something I can achieve -- rather than wondering "what if".

**************************************************

And here are my few goals for January!

January Goals:

Declutter and get house back in order after the holidays.  - Homemaking

Plan a date night with hubby (whether it's a night out or a night in); Continue to have family dinners (whenever My Marine's schedule allows) - Family

List new items on eBay and put earnings into savings; Make a notebook of savings and debts; Stay out of craft stores! - Finance

Organize learning schedule and activities for Nudgie. Plan afternoon activities and crafts for both girls. Work on any outstanding craft projects that I have - Family, Creativity

Commit to Bible study group that I have joined. Attend church services when I can. - Faith

What about you?  Do you have any goals/resolutions for 2012?

3 comments:

MaryAnne December 31, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

You are so nice!!! Made my day! =)

I'm so glad you're setting monthly goals again this year! I always love reading your goals, and I love the areas you choose to focus on! I had to laugh at "stay out of craft stores" - I have that problem, too! Actually, any of your goals are good ones for me.

You would make an outstanding preschool teacher or aide! Good luck figuring out how to achieve that goal!

Christy Killoran December 31, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

I love mama smiles too and I also plan on making monthly goals a part of the new year! Happy new year!

Natalie PlanetSmarty December 31, 2011 at 12:27 PM  

Great list! I think that small steps are a lot more doable than big goals. Happy New Year and good luck!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP