2012 Positive Parental Participation Challenge

>> Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Last summer, I came across a book called "Show Me How" by Vivian Kirkfield.  I checked it out of our library and after flipping through a few pages KNEW that this was a book that I needed to have on- hand 24/7. 


"Show Me How" is broken into 6 chapters that focus on developing an aspect of your child's self-esteem ("I Can Do It Myself", "I'm Special", "I'm Afraid", and More!)  Each chapter has a number of suggested books, craft and cooking activity that you can do with your child.  (My library loves me because I have so many of these books on hold already!)

In addition to writing this WONDERFUL book, Vivian is also starting a 2012 Positive Parental Participation Challenge.  And believe it or not -- it involves something that we're already doing with our children on a daily basis -- READING TO THEM!

At the end of each month, one comment will be chosen to win a picture book to add to your reading library!  Also by participating, you'll be eligible for get $5 off the cost of Vivian's book "Show Me How"

All you need to do is go to Vivian's check-in page (which she'll set up each month) and share the books that you read and activities that you do with your child.  The check-in page for January can be found here.  Remember - you can come back EVERY DAY and log in your books and activities!  The more you log in, the better your chances for winning a book!!

That's it!!  So easy and so simple!  So, who's ready to read with us?

3 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty January 11, 2012 at 9:06 AM  

The book really sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing it.

Vivian Kirkfield January 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM  

Jennifer...
Didn't know you were going to do this post...you are awesome!!!
Thank you so much...what a fantastic review...I loved what you said.

Malika Bourne January 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM  

I want to do the challenge. I plan on giving at least one postive staement and some kind of project. tonight we did a wierd scinece reipe. Is taht ok? Malika Bourne

http://nonon-centsnanna.blogspot.com

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP