Thrift Store Finds - January Edition

>> Thursday, January 12, 2012

The other day, I did my monthly rounds of our local thrift stores.  There's three good ones within a 5-10 mile radius of each other.  I've decided to limit my "thrift trips" to once a month -- as that's about all my wallet can handle!

This trip was pretty successful.  At the ARC stores, yellow tags were 50% off this particular day.  Just check out some of the gems that I found!

The two puzzle boxes are from Lakeshore.  One was marked .99 and the other was marked 2.99.  When I brought it to the cashier's attention, she gave them both to me for .99!



This box of chalk was .99.  I like this box because it's the skinny chalk (reminding me of school days!)



I was digging through a shelf of misc. paper, binders and such when I heard Nudgie say, "Mommy, look!"  She had this cute farm domino set in her hands (and to be honest -- wouldn't let go....so into the cart it went!  And it was $1.99)




I found this bag of math flash cards for Nani.  Marked $1.99 - and it was a yellow tag so I got them for $1.



Blank artist canvases (a package of 2) - Marked $1.99 - yellow tag, so I got them for $1!



And my final find.  I came across this box "Read, Baby, Read".  When I opened the box, I found a treasure trove of word flash cards - sight words, verbs, nouns and more!  And --- wait for it -- it was .99!!!




I also picked up:

(3) sets of kid's mittens for .99/each.  (I plan on using them for "mitten painting" later this week.) 
(2) winter baby hats for .99/each (I plan on using for a snowman crafting project as well.)
Various scrap fabrics for $1/bag
Crockpot for $9


Have you found any good thrift store finds lately?

2 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty January 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM  

What great finds! I would love to get this price on canvas!

MaryAnne January 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM  

What wonderful finds! I'm with Nudgie - those animal dominoes are adorable!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP