Back to (Tot) School!

>> Thursday, January 5, 2012

It took me awhile to get back into the swing of things after the holidays.  But slowly, the Christmas decorations are coming down.  (Our tree is still up and twinkling away....and I still have the majority of our Christmas decorations up.....)  I did clear away one small area that I had decorated with things that Nudgie could play with over the Christmas break - nutcrackers, her Fisher Price nativity (that I found at the Thrift Store for $3) , playdough with Christmas cookie cutters.  Putting those things away is about the closest I've come to "taking down Christmas".

But back to school!

I've been wanting to have a little calendar area for Nudgie.  Something where we can have a regular calendar/circle time.  I came across a calendar post from Mama Jenn and knew right away that I could adapt it for what I wanted to do for Nudgie.

Our calendar after a long night of laminating, cutting, and pasting

The calendar printables (day, month, date) I got from Mama Jenn.
The "what's the weather" printables, I got from Confessions of a Homeschooler.
The "seasons" printable is also from Confessions of a Homeschooler.
The shape printables, I got here, via Mama Jenn.
The letter flashcards were something that I found in my files but don't remember where I found them.  The Sesame Street number flashcards were something that I had picked up at The Dollar Tree when school started.
The Bible verses I got here from Totally Tots and here from ABC Jesus Loves Me

My thought was because Nudgie is still so little, we would focus on a Bible verse a month while still doing our regular Sunday school lessons (Bible story and craft) with Nani.  To reinforce our monthly Bible verse, I used this AWESOME site to create writing worksheets for Nudgie to practice her writing skills.  (She's adament about "writing" like her big sister and is doing a great job of tracing letters and words)


Now that I've completed her calendar center, I can turn my focus to the rest of her learning centers. 

And maybe even get those Christmas decorations put away.

Maybe......


*******************************

Linking Up:

Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous January 5, 2012 at 7:58 AM  

I wanted to pop over and say thank you for joining my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop! I love the calendar you put together for your 3 year old. I am looking forward to looking at your site (I am your newest GFC Follower). I hope to see you at next weeks Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop!

OurWanderingAdventures January 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM  

It looks wonderful!!

SOOO JEALOUS that you got the Fisher Price nativity for 3.00!!! I just bought the Veggie Tales one for 12.00 at the Christian Store on clearance.

Our tree and stuff is still out until the Epiphany and then it's coming straight down to put up Valentine's Day! LOL

MaryAnne January 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

I love your calendar!

What a find that nativity set was!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) January 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM  

Super cute idea! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-) I also wanted to invite you to link up at TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties.
Have a great weekend,
Beth =-)

Abbie January 7, 2012 at 2:34 PM  

That calendar is just TOO cute. I'm sure Nudgie loves it! : )

Thanks SO much for linking up your awesome posts @ Feature Friday Free-for-All!

P.S. I'm your newest follower and would be so honored if you'd follow my blogging journey as well (if you don't already! : )).

~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

Aimee January 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM  

What a fun learning center! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us on The Sunday Showcase

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas January 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM  

you were our most clicked likn on last week's Sunday Showcase! Your post will be featured in tomorrows linky! :)
Bern

jess_hak January 17, 2012 at 8:50 AM  

We are having a hard time getting back into the swing of things over here as well. I'm planning on starting next week (hopefully).... :)
What a great calendar!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP