Back to (Tot) School - Part II

>> Friday, January 6, 2012

So yesterday, I did a post about a new calendar center (which I'm VERY happy with how it turned out!  I even had a friend who asked me to make one for her too!)  Now that this big project was done and out the of way, I could focus on getting the rest of Nudgie's activities ready.

Inspired by Carissa's idea at 1+1+1=1 for Christmas notebooks, I thought that since Nudgie really enjoys "writing" that I'd create some binders for her to work on. 

First up, the ABC binder - using a number of printables from a CD that I had purchased last year from Childcareland



Second, was the "Numbers" binder.  (The photo is a little hazy because the binder cover is slightly "frosted". 

The third binder includes a variety of worksheets including Nudgie's name for her to trace, shape worksheets, and eventually color worksheets where she will trace the color word.



Next up were playdough mats (numbers, alphabet, and "make-a-face")  The number playdough mats were from Homeschool Creations.  I printed the alphabet letters from Quality Kids Crafts and the faces from Sparklebox.



I also belong to our local Freecycle group.  If you don't know about Freecycle, I highly suggest that you go and check it out.  The other day I picked these blocks up -- for FREE!  A quick wipedown with some Clorox wipes and we were ready to play.



I also set up our winter reading board.  Our theme is "A Flurry of Books".  For each book we read, a snowflake gets put on the board.  If we read a total of 75 books before the official first day of spring, then each girl will get a brand new book!



And finally, I set out some independent play/learning items for Nudgie to choose from.



What's in your school room?  Share your post in the comment section below!  I'd love to see what others are doing!!

4 comments:

OurWanderingAdventures January 6, 2012 at 7:06 AM  

It all looks so wonderful!! What fun will be had for sure!

MaryAnne January 6, 2012 at 7:58 AM  

Looks like Nudgie has a fantastic year of learning ahead!

Abby January 6, 2012 at 8:11 AM  

What great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown January 15, 2012 at 1:12 PM  

Love all of your ideas. I've been thinking of doing some similar things for my little guy.

Especially love your winter reading board! This could change with the seasons. Think I might start something like that with my little one.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP