Busy, Busy, Week

>> Monday, May 21, 2012


I have a busy, busy week ahead.  Lots to do and hopefully enough time to do it!

It starts today with My Marine taking Nani to school and then heading off to Lowe's to get boards to fix the deck.  The hole we have is so big that you can actually look down and see our patio below.  I'm still waiting for the dog to fall through it.

Later tonight, we're having our unit's command team over for dinner and a strategy meeting for upcoming deployment.  I have a feeling it will turn into more of a social hour than anything, but that's ok.  As long as I get one thing crossed off my agenda, I'm good.

Tomorrow is more cleaning and newsletter writing day.  I also need to take My Marine to the airport at 4:30am......yes, you read that right.....4:30am for a 6:00am flight.  He's leaving for his favorite training of all time -- dunker training. 


Not sure what that means?  It's where the military straps you in to a simulated aircraft and submerges you upside down in water and hopes that you're smart enough to figure your way out.  Need a better visual?  Pop in "An Officer and a Gentleman" and fast forward to the pool scene......that's dunker training.  Or just take a look at this quick video and thank God that you don't have to do that!



On Wednesday, my mom arrives for an almost 3-week visit.  I'm so excited and so grateful to have to come and give me a hand!  She has no idea of what she's in for.  Ok....she really does.....and she's still coming.

Thursday heralds the return of My Marine -- hopefully dry and alive.  It also signals my newsletter deadline and the beginning of a project for the weekend.

Friday may actually be a slow day....because so far, nothing is planned.  I may just sleep the day away!



Saturday brings ballet for Nani (last one before the recital) and then a friend's Bachelorette Party that night.  Hopefully the project from Thursday will have turned out!



Sunday will be a full day recovery from the night before.....



So how about you?  How's your week looking?

2 comments:

MaryAnne May 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM  

That IS a busy week!

I'm very glad I don't have to do dunker training.

StephieD May 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM  

Sounds like a crazy week! I just cancelled all of my Tuesday and Wednesday plans. I need a down week because June is going to be NUTS!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP