Last Day of School Countdown

>> Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nani is excited for summer vacation.

Very excited.

Since Easter, she's been asking "how many days until summer vacation?"

Don't get me wrong -- she LOVES school.  But she loves summer vacation more, me thinks!

So, I decided that we would make a countdown chain for Nani.  I found this great template at teachwithme.com.  It's free to download, but you may need to register for an account if you don't have one already.

Sunday was a beautiful day here, so we hung out in the front yard while the girls colored their templates and put their countdown chains together.   Nani only has a 1/2 day on the last day of school, so I decided that after we pick her up, we're going to go for ice cream to celebrate....so on her last chain, she wrote "ICE CREAM".


Daddy cutting some roses for his princesses






Now every day she runs home and tears off a chain link and gives me the countdown. I honestly don't know what she's so excited about.....little does she know that she's going to be spending the summer picking up Zoja's dog poop....her new chore since My Marine is leaving!  She's not going to be so excited about summer vacation then....is she?


In the meantime, Nudgie got tired of coloring and decided to take a little break......I should add that she opened that bottle with her baby teeth.  My Marine is so proud!  (Ha! Ha!)



So how about you?  Do you countdown the last days of school?  Do you have a last day of school celebration/tradition?

0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP