Deployment Care Packages

>> Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Right before our unit deployed, I wanted to do something special for our families.  Something that would make them smile and let them know that I would be there for them whenever they needed it.

I searched around on Pinterest and didn't find anything that I liked....but I did find some cute little phrases that I could use instead.  I went off to the Dollar Store to get my supplies and spent a couple nights on my living room floor putting them together.

I printed out this little "poem":

When deployment starts to get rough on you, look back on these items to see you through!

Kleenex to wipe away the tears
Sucker because deployments suck

Laffy Taffy to remind you laugh
Life Savers to remind you to reach out and ask for help when you need it
Marble for when you’ve lost yours
Worry Stone to take your worries away
Candle to remind you that there is light at the end of the tunnel
Matchstick to keep the home fires burning
Paperclip to help you hold it all together
Balloon to remind you to expand and grow
Rubber Band to remind you to stay flexible
Battery to remind you to recharge yours
Post-It Note to remind you of your noteworthy accomplishments
Hearts to remind you that although your soldier is far away, you are in each other’s heart



Then I found a ribbon stamp and a yellow stamp pad at Hobby Lobby and made up cards to go along with them.  Inside it said: 

"Missing someone gets easier every day
because even though it's one day further
from the last time you saw each other,
it's one day closer to the next time you will."




I put them in little red, white, and blue gift bags along with a magnetic ribbon and bumper stickers that said "Proud National Guard Family"


I handed them out to my families when I saw them at the Deployment Ceremony.

And then I wanted to do something for the soldiers.  So one night I made up some cards for them too with this awesome poem inside.  I also wrote them each a note inside as well.  I handed them out to them the Saturday morning that they left.




I just love doing stuff like this!!!!  =)

1 comments:

Annette Whipple August 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM  

You love doing it, but they NEED it! I hope it develops some great relationships and begins some good conversations as you support them...and your dear husband.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP