I Have a 2nd Grader!

>> Friday, August 31, 2012

Well, the first day of school arrived! I now officially have a 2nd Grader!!!

The Back-To-School Fairy paid a visit during the night and left Danjela a handwritten note along with some very special 2nd Grader pencils for homework!






Then we had our special "First Day of School Breakfast" - funny face pancakes!







Then before we left for school, we took our pictures outside by the tree. We've been taking school pictures every year since Danjela started preschool. We'll do the same thing for Nadija next week when she starts!








Nudgie tried to sneak her backpack out of the house too.....packed with her new school shoes.....




After school, we got home and had a snack. I found this awesome "After School" printable and loved the idea behind it. Instead of printing off multiple copies, I just put it into a picture frame and added a dry erase marker. This way, every day she can share about her day....and every once in awhile, we'll take a picture of it to send to Daddy. Today's was all about doing math drill and playing with her new friends.



Overall, I think she's going to have a great year. Her teacher is absolutely wonderful. When we met her at orientation, Danjela told her that her daddy was gone for a year. Ms. Watson took her by the hand and pulled her over to the side and I heard her tell Danjela "Why don't you tell me more about that...." Right there, I knew she was going to have a great teacher and that I didn't need to worry.

And I still can't believe I have a 2nd grader!!!

4 comments:

Sara August 31, 2012 at 7:20 AM  

Back to school fairy - I love that! You're such a good Mama!

Natalie PlanetSmarty August 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM  

How exciting. I love her hairstyle and she looks so happy about her first day in school. Can you share the link for the after school printable?

Mandi September 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM  

It looks like it was an awesome first day of 2nd Grade of Danjela. :) I hope the rest of the year continues to be the same. It definitely sounds like she has a fantastic teacher too. Cute idea with the printable.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments October 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM  

Whoohoo! Looks like both big girls are ready for a wonderful school year!

Wonderful photos to look back on!

Blessings & Aloha!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP