Halloween Part I - Death to Squirrels........

>> Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  In fact, it's definitely up there with Valentine's Day as holidays I wish were removed from the calendar.

When My Marine's home, we do decorate.....I put out cute little decorations, we carve pumpkins, and last year we put out cute little ghosts around our tree.

This year.....nada.....

No decorating.  No ghosts in the front yard.  No cute little witchy teddy bears residing on my living room end tables.  I'm lucky I got the pumpkins carved.  Normally My Marine does that.  I just watch, clean off the pumpkin guts from the seeds, and make the best roasted pumpkin seeds ever.

So, this past Sunday, I figured I'd bite the bullet for the girls and finally carve those pumpkins!




And I have to say, I think I did a pretty good job this year. 






That is, until the squirrels struck.  I had the darn things out for ONE NIGHT before the squirrels decided to eat the face off one and nibble on the mouth of another.  And to make things worse....my stupid-ass dog just sat there and watched them do it!  Must be because she likes to eat pumpkins herself.....


Nani's reaction when she saw the first pumpkin all chewed up!



Nose and partial mouth all chewed up



Chewed out face
 


Look at her!  My cross-eyed stupid dog! 
Fighting me as I try to pull the pumpkin from her mouth!


Just so you know....I will never hesitate again when I see a squirrel in the road.  Slow down?  Hell no.....I'm going to rev the engine and floor it.





2 comments:

Veronica Lee November 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM  

Those pumpkins are awesome! Great job!

Happy Friday!

Sara November 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM  

I love the witch one! So cute! And the squirrels ate ours too - before we even carved them!!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP