The Deployment Playlist - AKA "The Mopey List"

>> Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back during My Marine's first big deployment, he didn't have an iPod or iTunes, so we had to burn a butt-load of CDs for him before he left.  Our 10th wedding anniversary fell during that time, and I made him a special CD and called it the "We Miss You" CD.  I included our wedding songs, songs that had meaning to us, and other general "I miss you" songs.  I made two copies - one for him and one for me.....and to this day, we both still have those CDs.

This time around, we have more modern technology and iPods with TONS of space for songs.  When My Marine left this summer, I sat down and started compiling my "Deployment Playlist".  (My Marine calls it the Mopey List).  And while I have almost 150 songs on that particular playlist, I thought I'd share with you my Top Twenty "Mopey" songs - in no particular order!  If you click on the link, it will take you directly to the video for the song!  And I also put a little excerpt of lyrics as well.


Stellar Revivial - "Saving Grace"
I, I'd reach for the sky and pull down the stars for you if you want me to; And I'd take the light that you gave me and shine it on your dark days 'cause you're my saving grace.......

Kory Brunson Band - "We Know You're Out There"
We know you're out there.  We thank God for you.  Blood sweat and tears for the red, white, and blue.  We know you're out there.  That there's a price you pay.  We put our kids to bed in a peaceful land to lay their head because you're out there.......

The Cure - "Pictures of You"
I've been looking so long at these pictures of you that I almost believe that they're real
I've been living so long with my pictures of you that I almost believe that the pictures are all I can feel.....

3 Doors Down - "Citizen Soldier"
Citizen soldiers holding the light for the ones that we guide from the dark of despair. 
Standing on guard for the ones that we sheltered, We'll always be ready because we will always be there.......

Otherwise - "Soldiers"
We are the ones who will never be broken.  With our final breath, we’ll fight to the death.  We are soldiers, we are soldiers
Woah woah woah whoa, We are soldiers.......

Avenged Sevenfold - "Dear God"
Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around when I'm much too far away
'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired....I'm missing you again, once again....

Theory of a Deadman - "Wait for Me"
You are not alone tonight.  Imagine me there, by your side.  It's so hard to be here so far away from you.  I'm counting the days till I'm finally done.  I'm counting them down one by one.  It feels like forever 'til I return to you.

Jesse James - "Military Man"
I'm the daughter of a military man.  It's a way of life and I understand.  And I'm so proud to say, it made me who I am today.  I hope down the road I find a real good man who's done half the things that my daddy has. And it's a beautiful thing, my sweet American dream......

Hoobastank - "So Close, So Far"
So close, yet so far.  It's tearing me apart.  What I would do to be there with you.
So promise no matter how long it takes for me to get back to you, you'll wait for me........

Family Force 5 - "Not Alone"
We're far away, miles apart.  I'm touching you from a distance.  Photographs.  I can't last.  It's killing me because I miss you.  Cause I don't hurt when you say it.  I hear your words, I can make it.  I need you now, I want you now to tell me that I'm not alone.......

Sixx A.M. - "Smile"
And all my life, I've been waiting for someone like you to make me smile.  You make me feel alive, And you're giving me everything I've ever wanted in life. You make me smile and I forget to breathe, What's an angel like you, ever do with a devil like me......

Stellar Kart - "Letters"
Some day soon we'll be together where a moment lasts forever and our love shines brighter than the stars.  Until then I will remember every word and every letter, the promises you've written on my heart.....

Further Seems Forever - "Light Up Ahead"
And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light.  And when i can't see, I wake up to your eyes.  Wake me up.  There's a light up ahead.......

One Republic - "Come Home"
There’s someone I’ve been missing.  I think that they could be the better half of me
So I say to you..Come home, cause I’ve been waiting for you for so long.......

Drowning Pool - "Soldiers"
Every time I see inside you, I see myself within you, ohh let that fade away
Your pride inside of me, your honor inside me, respect inside of inside of me, go.....
This is for the soldiers........

Avril Lavigne - "When You're Gone"
When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone, the face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone, the words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it ok.  I miss you.........

Nickelback - "Faraway"
I love you, I have loved you all along
And I miss you, Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go
Stop breathing if I don't see you anymore

Staind - "So Far Away"
Now that we're here, It's so far away
All the struggle we thought was in vain, All in the mistakes, One life contained
They all finally start to go away, Now that we're here it's so far away........

Lonestar - "I'm Already There"
I'm already there, take a look around, I'm the sunshine in your hair, I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind, I'm your imaginary friend And I know I'm in your prayers
Oh, I'm already there.......

3 Doors Down - "When I'm Gone"
So hold me when I'm here, right me when I'm wrong.
You can hold me when I'm scared, you won't always be there, so love me when I'm gone.
Love me when I'm gone.......

And just because....I added one extra........


3 Doors Down - "Here Without You"
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight, it's only you and me.......

What are some of your go-to songs when you're feeling down or need a pick me up?









1 comments:

Anonymous November 9, 2012 at 7:07 AM  

Ok, so Tony hasn't deployed in 5 years but I used to listen to a lot of 3 Doors Down. And bawl my eyes out, but I did feel better just because I was so proud of him.

Just browsing your list made me tear up. I guess you never forget those times completely.

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP