31 Days of Giving.....

>> Saturday, December 1, 2012



Since My Marine left in July, we have been so blessed with the kindness of friends!  Anything from having our grass cut to meals, coffee, chocolate, wine, and babysitting......the list goes on.  I am incredibly touched and humbled at how loved my family is!

So, I decided that I wanted to continue to pay this kindness forward!  So for the month of December, the girls and are doing a "31 Days of Giving" project.  Every day, we will intentionally GIVE BACK -- in some way.  It may not always be a monetary thing.....but maybe just a small gesture of kindess!

I'm trying very hard to teach my girls to be kind, empathetic, and above all.....to have a giving spirit, to be grateful for all they have and to share a little of that back.  I don't want them to be all about "me, me, me" and "take, take, take".  While we do embrace Santa here in our home, I don't want them to just associate Santa with getting presents.  I desperately want them to connect the dots with the spirit of Santa and the joy and the REASON for Christmas -- the coming of Jesus!

I hope you'll come back and read a little bit more about our adventures and what we did!

2 comments:

Masshole Mommy December 2, 2012 at 8:10 AM  

I can't wait to hear all about them! For me, those "small gestures" usually mean the most.

Natalie PlanetSmarty December 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM  

I find it SO difficult to teach my daughter to give, especially since she is "the only". Good luck with your project!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP