Christmas - Deployment Style

>> Thursday, December 27, 2012

This Christmas was very lowkey....and I'll admit, a little hard for me.  Nani and Nudgie were fully aware that Daddy was not home for Christmas, and this time we didn't have a house full of people like I did the first time around.  But having a house full of people was just not my cup of tea either.  I just wanted to be with my girls.

We started Christmas Eve off by pulling up Norad and watching to see Santa fly over Daddy.  They were so excited and shouted Merry Christmas when Santa flew over....delivering presents!




After watching Santa deliver presents to Daddy, we made some cookies for Santa. 


It was Chippy's last day with us, and he left the girls a couple of very special things....some magical reindeer food and a Christmas coloring book so that they could remember him all year long!




And it wouldn't be Christmas without My Marine wearing his "Bah Humbug!" Santa hat!



As promised by the weatherman, we did start to get some snow Christmas Eve!  It was going to be a White Christmas after all!


After the girls got into their Christmas jammies, we sprinkled the reindeer food and put out cookies and milk before they got too tired.



Then we snuggled in for some hot chocolate and "A Year Without a Santa Claus", but the girls were so tired, they only made it to Heat Miser and Snow Miser before asking to go to bed "so Santa can come"


Shortly after that, Santa was able to sneak in and set out all the presents for my sweet girls!


Around 8pm, I was just getting settled myself when my door bell rang.  Who in the hell rings someone's doorbell at 8pm on Christmas Eve......and I'll admit it, my heart stopped just for a few brief seconds while I thought, "Please God....no....not on Christmas Eve..." 

Turns out to be a flower delivery all the way from My Marine.  I guess Santa's elves forgot to put it in the sleigh.....


And so we settled in for Christmas Eve dreams.....waiting to see what Christmas Day would bring us!

2 comments:

Natasha December 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM  

Bless your heart. I would have freaked out too if my door bell rang like that!

We kept it low key as well. My oldest didn't understand why we didn't have our usual "Griswald Family Christmas Party." When I asked him if he were going to step up to the plate and help me prepare for it like his daddy did, he changed his mind about it.

Wishing you a wonderful new year!

Natalie PlanetSmarty December 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM  

It must be so hard to have your husband away for the holidays. I hope he comes home safe and sound. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP