Beachbody 21-Day Fix -- Here We Go!

>> Monday, March 10, 2014

Awhile back, I discovered that Beachbody had a new program coming out -- the 21 Day Fix.  As a Beachbody coach, I got some advance materials about this new program.....and I read them and all the other background material.  I have to admit -- I wasn't convinced.  Until recently.....

I started reading more and more testimonies from test groups and seeing for myself the results that this program could have, and I decided to give it a try. 

Since the program became so popular so quickly, there was a high demand for it.  I was a little frustrated that it wouldn't be here until the end of April....until I received an email telling me that it was being shipped.  And it arrived on Friday!!  It was like Christmas for me!



I am really excited to start this program and hopefully jumpstart my body back into shape!  I still struggle with clean eating and portion control, so I'm also hopeful that this program will help with that as well!  Plus, I really haven't been following any set plan since the holidays, so I am hopeful that this will give me the structure that I need too.

I spent a good part of the weekend reading through the nutrition guide, making notes, researching recipes, and googling "21-Day Fix" to see what others are doing for their meal plans.  I also sat down and reviewed all of the workout DVDs that came with the program.  My plan is to use these in addition to my normal workouts at the gym.

The more I planned -- the more I was starting to get nervous....can I really do this??  But then I'd tell myself -- it's only for 21 days.  I can do this for 21 days.......

How Does It Work?
Your container allowance per day is calculated based on your weight and the average of 400 calories burned per fix workout. Then you are given a range you need to stay in.

I am in the 1200-1499 calorie range which will break down to:

3 green containers (veggies)
2 purple containers (fruits)
4 red containers (protein)
2 yellow containers (starchy carbs)
1 blue container (nuts, etc)
1 orange container (nuts and dressings)
2 spoons (olive oil, nut butters, etc)

The nutrition guide is then broken down into a list of foods that you can eat in that particular color.  It makes it easy to pick your foods and create a meal plan for the week (which I'm in the process of doing now).

Also, you have the option of eating directly from the containers, but I will choose not to do this.  Instead, I'll prepare my food in the containers and then transfer it to a plate.  I think this will help me get more visual control over what and how much I'm eating. 

The plan also allows for treats such as wine and chocolate, but I will not be including these in my meal plans.  Again -- it's just 21 days, so I think I'll survive!

How Do You Keep Track?
I'm a very visual person and need to see everything in black & white.  Fortunately, Beachbody has made it easy to keep track of your containers with easy tracking sheets both in the back of the nutrition guide and online at Team Beachbody.  You just simply put in your container allowance at the top of the page and then check off the boxes as you go!

21 Day Fix Tracking Sheets

I'm also going to take a page from some of the other folks doing this and color-code my meal plans as well.    As soon as I get my first week meal plan ready, I'll be sharing that here with you as well!

Later on today, I'll be taking my Day #1 pictures as well as weighing in for my starting weight.  I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you -- both good and bad -- and I'll hope you'll stick around to see the end results -- again, both good and bad!

If you have any questions about any other Beachbody products (such as my favorite TurboJam!) or Shakeology, please feel free to leave me a comment or contact me via my Beachbody Coach page!

0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP