Acts of Christmas Kindness Countdown

>> Sunday, November 30, 2014

You may remember that a few days ago I wrote a post about making our Christmas a little simpler and focus more on giving back.  If you missed it, you can find it here.  As Thanksgiving came, I became more and more excited to get started with our Acts of Christmas Kindness.

Yesterday, I finally pulled out our Countdown Calendar and started getting everything ready so that we can start on December 1st.  I LOVE this countdown calendar!  I collect Nativities and fell in love with this one a few years ago at JoAnn Fabric. 


I actually waited in line on Black Friday just so I could get it for 75% off.  And while I scored big time with this, I often fell short and missed the mark with what it's true function should be.  I tried to do the Jesse Tree with the girls, but either they just weren't interested or we'd forget days and then try to cram it all in the week of Christmas. 

So this year, I decided to use the countdown calendar and incorporate our Acts of Christmas Kindness.  We sat down as a family and came up with ideas that would work for us and our resources.  (You can click on the image to enlarge it to see what we're doing!)


I also wanted to make sure that we had some sort of Bible verse to go along with each day.  I Googled and Pinterested until I found these at The Happy Home Fairy -- which I thought was perfect for us!  (You can find the original post and link to download these here)


I cut each of the Bible verses out and then on the back, taped the Act of Kindess we'll be doing for that day.

I'm so excited to get started with our family!! 

Do you use a calendar?  Do you read Bible verses or stories?  Do you do acts of kindness?  How do YOU countdown to Christmas?

0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP