Frugal Gift Giving......You Don't Have To Break The Bank! (Part I)

>> Wednesday, January 28, 2015



One thing I've always prided myself on was the fact that I love to come up with creative gifts.  I really try hard to find unique gifts....and often times end up making the gift myself.  I love trying to find good deals!

If you think about it, you really can come up with some fun and creative gift ideas without breaking the bank!  Over the next few months, I'll be sharing some of my tips and ideas for creating and giving amazing (and FRUGAL gifts!)  Here's a few that I did for Christmas!


Christmas Cookie Basket:
I wanted to give something fun and creative to my friends.  So I came up with the idea of a cookie basket!


At Hobby Lobby I picked up the small basket and the Christmas tree spatula (on sale).  I, then, bought the cookie mix and icing at the Commissary (much cheaper than the regular grocery store!).  The cookie cutters and basket wrap were from The Dollar Tree.  I also wanted to add a little something extra, so I picked up some clear glass plates at the thrift store for .75/each and handpainted them with the words "Christmas Treats"

Total for each basket - approximate $6!




Hot Chocolate Basket
For another friend, I made a hot chocolate basket.


I picked up the basket at Michaels for 70% off.  I found the mugs and snowman jar at the thrift store.  I already had the chalk adhesive and I bought the hot chocolate and peppermint sticks at The Dollar Tree.  (You can also add mini bottles of Bailey's or Kahlua and a bag of marshmallows too!)


Total for this basket = $5


Grandparents Plate

This, by far, was my favorite Christmas gift to make this year.  We always have a hard time coming up with gifts for the grandparents.  But I came up with this idea for my MIL.

 The plate is for decorative purposes only, but if you needed to wash it, I would recommend handwashing.

I picked up the plate at the thrift store for $1.50.  (Do you see a theme here?)  I had my girls write their names on the plate with Sharpie.  I asked my BIL to have my niece and nephew write their names which he emailed me and I traced them on to the plate.  I then hand-drew the flowers and the kids in the center.  I baked the plate in the oven to set the Sharpie.  It was a HIT!


As you can see -- easy, meaningful and CHEAP!  What are some of YOUR frugal gift-giving ideas!  Please comment below!  I'm always looking for new ideas -- AND may feature your idea in my next blog post!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP