Slow Going....

>> Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I have to admit - I think I have writer's block. I really haven't had the desire to write much since I got back from my trip back home. I honestly think that the momentum has temporarily left me. I just don't feel inspired or witty. I know that will change here shortly, but it's frustrating.....

So, for today, I'm going to share with you some of my favorite pictures of my beautiful hometown......

A little known fact about Pittsburgh. We're knows as the "City of Bridges" (also known as the "City of Champions" once again thanks to a Superbowl victory & Stanley Cup victory in one sports season!) Pittsburgh is only second - behind Venice, Italy - for the number of bridges it has!

View of Pittsburgh through one of the many bridges.....






The following pictures are what's left of the old steel mills not too far from my childhood home (my parent's still live there). My daddy was a steel worker - and I'm proud to say that I'm a steelworker's daughter. These pictures show all that's left of those majestic and powerful mills -- mills that produced steel to build America. Now, apartments, shopping centers, and restaurants stand on that ground. It makes me a little sad to see that part of history now resorted to a picnic/tourist spot along the river.

The pictures are of the actual mill that my daddy worked at.





Stay tuned for more pictures and stories about our trip!

0 comments:

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP