Blog Hop Tuesday - Three Things You Didn't Know About Me

>> Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today's Blog Hop theme is "Three Things You Didn't Know About Me". To participate, share three deep dark secrets about yourself. (Ok, so they don't have to be deep & dark....but it is fun to share, isn't it?)

1) I received a college scholarship for Eastern European folk dancing. I've been doing it since I was 9 years old and because of my scholarship, I travelled all over this beautiful country of mine doing 2-hr. performances. Thanks to my folk dancing experiences - I have friends all over the country and world! (As well as bad knees & ankles! LOL!)



2) My celebrity encounters include meeting the band members of Whitesnake and Poison in a Wendy's when I was in college; Dr. Phil at a convention that I helped organize, and former Vice President Dick Cheney

3) I once appeared on an episode of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood when I was 16 using said dancing skills learned from #1

So, there it is people! Mock me or praise me as you see fit!

There's some new fun out in Blogland -- It's the Blog Hop! Hosted by MckMama and Brent Riggs, it's the latest thing for visiting other blogs and see what others are doing!

MckLinky Blog Hop






15 comments:

Sara July 14, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

You were on Mr. Rogers?! Were you on for your dancing or are they not connected?

miranda July 14, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

No doubt about it, I'm going with praise you! That is awesome, all of it. I'd love to meet the people you've met too. I'm a big Dr. Phil watcher. I don't have anything that exciting to reveal!
Thanks for the prayers, I appreciate them.

LucieP July 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

that is great!!!! I feel like I know more about you know!!!
I love it!

Charisse July 14, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Very awesome little get to know you. And I loooove your NMM post. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I love having new ppl stop by and look into my crazy world!!!

Unknown July 14, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

WOW folk dancing. I would have never pegged you for that! That's impressive Jenn!!! I'm off to post my three things!

kbloems27 July 14, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Oh my Mr. Rodgers!! So jealous, I watched it everyday! How cool!! No making fun over here!!

Happy Hopping!

The Four Week Vegan July 14, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

You met Mr. Rogers!!!! I LOVED that man - that was my favorite show when I was little.

{Kimber} July 14, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Thanks for visiting my blog!!! Come back soon :)
I love knowing randomness about peeps! How cool u were on tv!!

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight July 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

folk dancing- totally cool!

I loved Poison back in the day!!

Unknown July 14, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Thanks for stopping by. i think Colorado is calling us to come back. you are one of several people from Colorado that i have gotten messages from! Thanks!

Shannon July 14, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

That's awesome! Mr. Rogers - awww.the good old days - it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood - would you be mine, could you be mine, won't you be my neighbor? LOL

Katie July 14, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Hi! This is Katie from "This Side". Thanks for stopping by!

I also had a television appearance, though I was just a boring "extra" on Touched By An Angel -- twice! :)

Happy bloghop!!

Katie

Miss Marnie July 14, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

So glad you stopped by and I came by to check out your blog. Really enjoyed reading it and will be back!
Have a great night~
Marnie

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments July 15, 2009 at 4:36 AM  

Folk dancing -that is awesome. Was there a specific style, ie the folk dance of a particular country?

Yes, loved Mr. Rogers. :o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment.

Jenny July 19, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

I've known you for, what? three years now? And I never knew any of those three things!
--the other Jenny

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP