Not Me! Monday

>> Monday, July 13, 2009




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


I am not absolutely in love with those adorable Prius commercials. Everytime one comes on, I do not stop everything I'm doing to watch adults and children dressed like flora & fauna, waving their hands about in the air.

I did not open a box of mac & cheese just so I could use the cheese powder on my popcorn. I did not make the macaroni the next night for dinner and divide them between the two dogs and Nudge.

Last night, I did not ask Nani what she wanted for dinner without giving her the usual two choices. I was not surprised when she said "a bagel and pink water" (Snapple vitamin water). I did not try to convince her to eat something more "nutritious", like Spaghetti O's or pizza. I did not give in and let her have her way - and then realize that I was literally feeding my child bread and water for dinner! I did not feel like the worst mom ever!

I did not want to cry when I checked my email late one night to see that I got an email inviting me to activate my membership with AARP. I did not know that I skipped over two decades of birthdays and suddenly found myself in the my senior years. I did not get up, wipe the tears from my eyes, and look in the mirror, telling myself that Damn, I look good for 65!



I was not so proud of Nani's zoo artwork that I had to email it to all our family & friends. I did not have to edit the photo so that everyone could identify the animals!

I am not incredibly proud of the 10 scrapbooking pages that I did over the weekend. I was not so excited that I had to resist the temptation to take pictures and post them all over my blog!






And finally, I have not already started my list for next week's "Not My Kid!" post!! Sheesh!

20 comments:

The Four Week Vegan July 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

I am not loving those scrapbook pages. I am not years behind in my scrapbooking.

Sara July 13, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Your scrapbook pages look great! And there's nothing wrong with a bagel for dinner every once in awhile! :)

glorious days July 13, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

girl, you should give lessons in scrapbooking.

Anonymous July 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

I love the art you emailed out - too funny! Have a great monday

LucieP July 13, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

I haven't started my post either! I would never have anything to put down for my two boys!!

The pages do looks really good mama!!

What's up with the AARP thing? Everytime I get a social security statement in the mail, I feel a little sad for a minute!

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight July 13, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

Hmm...I never see commercials due to my DVR. I'll be on the lookout for the Prius one :)

Hit 40 July 13, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Powdered orange cheese on popcorn from the mac& cheese box?? Crazy I have never heard this one before.

melaniet42 July 13, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

Love the scrapbooking pages!!!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog July 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

I am not incredibly jealous of your insanely cute scrapbooking pages.

Julie From Inmates July 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Love the scrapbook pages!!! Your kiddos are adorable. Thanks for stopping by Inmates. ;)

Unknown July 13, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

cute scrapbook pages!

I'm cracking up over the bread and water for dinner! haha!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...totally ironically, your blog name had caught my eye and I'd opened it up in a tab earlier today but hadn't had the chance to read or comment yet...then saw you read my post! how funny!!

Happy NMM!

Jessica July 13, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your NMM are great! I love the one about the Prius commercials, my daughter loves them too and don't worry about the bagel and water thing, I can't tell you how many nights my kids choose yogurt and water for dinner! Your girls are adorable too!

S.L.P July 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

I am so jealous of your scrapbooking accomplishments. It has been SO long since I scrapped! We used to own a store so I kind of got burnt out so it rarely gets done anymore..

The Smittys July 13, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

love your blog too! i cannot believe you did 10 pages in one weekend! that's efficiency!

Brenda July 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Your little girls are so adorable. I have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 15 month old daughter. I am often surprised at what my son can get away with eating when I am tired or had a hectic day.

South Family July 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

I love your blog! I love to scrapbook too!!

Unknown July 14, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

You made me want to make some cheesy popcorn!!!

(Your comments on my blog cracked me up, by the way).

Unknown July 14, 2009 at 5:41 AM  

p.s. As a designer, everyone does not expect me to be super crafty. They are not so very wrong. Scrapbooking is not WAY too tedious to me. And I am definitely NOT envious of other people's awesome pages. =)

Rebekah July 14, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I'm glad to hear that you do not give in to your child's ridiculous mealtime requests. I know I never do! :)

Sugarplum Creations Blog July 14, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

Oh to scrapbook again. I haven't even started my 5 month old's scrapbook yet. Bad mama!

*Great to meet ya! Love your NMM! :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP