Like Mother, Like Daughter

>> Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My mother sent me a box full of my old dance costumes. For Nani - it was like Christmas had come early!

She asked me if she could play dress-up, and I happily let her. I watched her pull out costume after costume -- each one holding a special memory for me. I heard "Mommy, look!" and looked over to see her wearing the costume from my very first dance recital -- I was 5 years old. I took a picture of her -- and then dug around until I found a picture of me at that age in the same costume.


Aaahhh....memories!!

In the meantime, I'm almost 100% completely recovered from whatever illness decided to hold me in it's grip for almost three weeks. I actually had the energy to get up this morning and workout! My journey back is slow -- but I'm working hard not to let it get the best of me!



There's some new fun out in Blogland -- It's the Blog Hop! Hosted by MckMama and Brent Riggs, it's the latest thing for visiting other blogs and see what others are doing!

This week's Blog Hop theme is Favorite Kid Photos. You can have one or more of your favorite photos your kids, grandkids, someone else's kid or even YOU when you were a kid. Funny, precious, heartwarming... your favorite!.

MckLinky Blog Hop


16 comments:

Sara July 28, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

That's so cute!! I know my mom saved all my old dance costumes...hopefully I'll have a daughter one day who can play dress up with them!

The Four Week Vegan July 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

How adorable! What girl would not want to get a box of dance costumes?!

Jenny July 28, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

She looks just like you! Awesome costume!

Jillian July 28, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

So cute!! I hope I can dig out my dance costume to put on my daughter some day:)

Cathy July 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Sweet! Do you have pictures of you in them? That would be something to put together. Thanks for sharing.

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace July 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Super cute pic...looks just like you!

Many Blessings,
Deanna

Sneaker Teacher July 28, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

LOVE it! I danced for 16 years and my mom has a whole trunk of my costumes in her attic. I cannot wait to have a daughter that can play dress up in them or for my niece to be old enough to!

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight July 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Glad you're feeling better :)

What a precious picture!

confused homemaker July 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

that's so cool that you have a pic of each of you in the same costume.

thanks for sharing & happy hopping:)

melaniet42 July 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

The pictures of you both in that dance costume are wonderful!!

Jamie July 28, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Thanks for the comment! I love the pic of you and your daughter in the same costume! When i was kid, I used to play dress up in my grandma's red slip that went under those 50's skirts. Man I can't even remember the name of them right now but I loved it! I know your little girl loved that. She will cherish those memories!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog July 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I kept checking back to see if there was a new post and was starting to get worried!

Those photos are too cute! I can totally see the resemblance!! I bet she had a lot of fun trying on all those different outfits. :-)

LeAndMatt July 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

Thanks for stopping by and I love the fact that your photos are of you and your daughter in the same outfit! My grandmother made two shirts for my father when he was little. I have a picture of me wearing it...now I am going to take a picture of Patrick in it...hopefully I haven't waited too long and it still fits!

Thanks for checking in...and if you scroll down our blog, the past few entries recap our beach vacation!

LeAnna
LeAndMatt.blogspot.com - Our Son Patrick

amanda July 29, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

I LOVE IT!! so darn cute!! hoping you're feeling a lot better!!

Carma Sez July 29, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

Wow! You both look so similar. Great pics! Stopping by for a belated Blog Hop visit :-)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP