Mom Down! Mom Down!

>> Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This is going to be short & sweet and it will probably drain whatever energy I have left in my body.

It's been a week since my last post. It probably was the longest week of my life. My Marine's deployment didn't even feel this long.

I've been sick....very, very sick. Fever, chills, nose that either won't stop running or is so stuffed up that I sound like Lou Rawls trying to do an Elmer Fudd imitation. And the cough - don't get me started on the cough. I think I left a part of my lung back in the Safeway last week. On top of it all, my Marine was gone all last week for his annual training -- which means that it was just me, a box of Kleenex, and the girls.

The girls - who were feeling 100% better after the parasites that invaded their body decided to make a new home in mine.

The girls - who wanted to play with mommy, climb all over mommy, read with mommy ever single waking moment - when all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and curse my Marine.

The girls - who didn't understand that mommy is sick because moms don't get sick. Don't you know that? It's in the mommy manual.

I'm finally starting to feel a little better now, but I'm still so freakin' exhausted that I could probably fall asleep...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Sorry about that.....

I know I still need to pick a winner from my book giveaway, so stay tuned for that. Now I'm off to take another dose of vitamin C, throw some clothes on and take Nani to ballet class -- because, even though mommy is sick, the world must still move on....

13 comments:

Sara July 21, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

Hope you're feeling back to yourself soon!

3 Bay B Chicks July 21, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

You speak the truth, my friend. Even {{paid}} jobs provide sick leave. This mommy gig is not for the faint-hearted.

What is wrong with world anyways? Why does it feel like it should move forward when we are sick and/or tired?

I'll never understand. :)

-Francesca

Erica Walters July 21, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Moms definitely don't get sick..or so the manual says...hope you feel better very soon!

The Four Week Vegan July 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

It is so hard to be sick when you have littles and oh my no dh to help - yikes. You deserve the best mommy award for surviving it all. I hope you feel 100% soon.

glorious days July 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

this will sound like a card message, but i totally mean it:

get well soon:)

the mama July 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

I've been wondering what happened to you! :) Poor mommy! Ugh it sounds just awful. Glad you're slowly on the mend and that the girls are OK! :)

Paige July 21, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

Hey-thanks for visiting my blog last week...hope you are all better now. While I am not married to a man in the military I did grow up with a dad in the military and I know the stress of your man not being home.
But to be sick on top of it...oh my!

Blessings to you!
Paige

melaniet42 July 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick! Hope you're back on your feet again soon!!!

Ann July 22, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Hey, I found you through Kimber. You are so right, a mom never gets time off. I hope you feel better soon.

CEOmum July 23, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Once I was sick and my son wanted to stay home with mommy 'cause she was sick. Just goes to show how much he knows.

I always blast it with 2000mg of Vit C.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog July 24, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Oh, that just stinks! I'm glad to hear the girls are feeling okay. Hopefully, you are feeling better by now?Funny you mentioned Lou Rawls. Whenever I'm sick, I think I sound like Joan Rivers.

Katie July 27, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Sorry to hear you ae under the weather, I hope by now you are feeling better! I spent most of yesterday napping or laying around. Even ER was a bit off, she fell asleep at six PM and slept right through to the morning. Unheard of for her.

J.J. July 27, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Sorry that you feel so nasty. Hope you are feeling better soon. Yea...I wish I could be put on quarters when I get sick :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP