Our Saturday with the Colorado Army National Guard Special Ops.....

>> Saturday, August 1, 2009

This morning, I got up early and drove the girls to see their daddy in action. He was flying in support of the Colorado Army National Guard Special Operations para-drop training that they did today.

I have to admit that I've never seen a para-drop before -- but this was pretty freakin' cool! Here are some pictures and about a 20-second video of the flyover they did.


In light of baby Stellan's recent hospitalization, My Marine took this photo this morning to show our support and prayer for MckMama and her precious baby!



Photobucket




A couple of pictures My Marine took from the aircraft


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Nani and Nudge watching their daddy at work!


Photobucket



Getting ready!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket









Killing time while waiting for them to fly over and drop...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Nani waving to the soldiers!


Photobucket

Photobucket



Nani - like her mommy - loves her men in uniform!

Photobucket



My Marine.....(Be still my heart!)

Photobucket

Photobucket



Final flyover on the way home....

Photobucket

6 comments:

The Four Week Vegan August 2, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

Great pics!!! What a wonderful day that must have been.

Andrea August 3, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

So cool! My little bro just finished his Marine basic, can't wait to see him next weekend, haven't seen him since November.
Thanks to all those serving our country and the strong wives (and husbands) at home supporting them!

Helene August 3, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Wow, Jen, those are great pictures!! My kids enjoyed the video...they love anything that flies in the air!

I bet your heart skips a beat everytime you see your hubby in is marine uniform...how could it not? There's something about a man in uniform, right?

Love the pics of the girls in the huge open meadow!! They must be so proud of their daddy!

Stephanie August 3, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

Your blog is so cute! And this post is a lovely tribute to the men and women serving in the Armed Forces. I'll be back to visit again!

www.thebeautificationproject.wordpress.com

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog August 3, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

That is totally awesome!! You and the kids must be so proud! What great photos, and how fortunate that the kids got to watch their dad in action... way cool!! My hubby's a computer engineer....... not nearly as exciting. ;-)

kw August 7, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Wow! I know how proud you guys are! I see a very familiar patch on one of the arms of the soldier jumping out of the plane. My dad is a retired SGM from 5th Group Special Forces. I heard that there was an SF group working with a group of Marines these days. As a former Army Brat....I know how special your soldier is! Thanks for the great pics!

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP