Friday Follies....

>> Friday, July 10, 2009

It's Friday. The beginning of the weekend. I'm exhausted and somewhat brain-dead. I've pretty much chalked this week up to a loss and am hoping that next week will be better. So, as an end to my week, I thought I'd just share some random follies with you......

This morning as I was running some errands, I decided to stop at a couple garage sales. At the last one I stopped at, I managed to snag a Disney Princess roller bag , a Disney princess umbrella, 3 Disney princess Barbie dolls, and a Disney Princess wooden shelf with hooks, and one of those educational wooden toys for Nudgie (you know, the ones where your kid has to move the objects along this maze of wire) -- all for $13. Today I am "the bestest mommy in the world." (Sure Nani, just remember that when you're 13 and I refuse to let you wear a skirt that barely covers your tush!)

I can't figure out how to embed video yet -- but give me time! In the meantime, I wanted to share a video clip of Nani singing "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid when she was 3. I hope the link works for you!

Nani Sings The Little Mermaid

Friday night is usually movie night here in The Toy Box Household. After the girls are in bed, My Marine and I will dine on "pub grub" - usually wings and maybe some spinach dip - and then pick a movie to watch. I've had "Inkheart" here ever since we got back from Pittsburgh - and I'm dying to see it. Hopefully tonight will be the night.

In order to prevent another embarrassing chocolate incident like the one I posted on Not Me! Monday, I stopped by the grocery store this morning and stocked up on jars of hot fudge (2/$4 with my frequent shopper card!) I've got a jar in the fridge as we speak! I also bought a container of chocolate sprinkles and some strawberries. I figure the strawberries will balance out the chocolate, right? RIGHT???

Tomorrow I am going to try to get some scrapbooking done -- in my own home. No more classes for me! Hopefully I'll have some pages to share with you next week!

The girls are finally on the mend - not completely better, but a huge improvement from earlier in the week. Thanks to everyone who emailed their concern and well-wishes for them. I really appreciate it!

And finally, I can't imagine my life now without this blogging outlet and my new blogging buddies. I now have a place to come and share my thoughts, my pride about my children & husband, and my frustrations -- and know that I won't be judged because someone else out there has gone through the same thing. I've made so many new cyber-friends and even won a contest for the first time in my life! This is an outlet that I don't think I could live without now! Hee! Hee! So, thank you all who have befriended me. I started off with 1 follower -- and now I'm up to 32!! I couldn't be happier!

On that note -- I'm going to wish all of you a fantastic weekend and then go grab a spoonful of hot fudge!

2 comments:

The Four Week Vegan July 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

What great garage sale finds! Enjoy your movie night with your Marine.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog July 10, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

I've heard that hot fudge combined with strawberries equals zero calories. Have fun! :-)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP