Tuesday MckLinky Blog Hop - Favorite Photo

>> Tuesday, July 7, 2009

There's some new fun out in Blogland -- It's the Blog Hop! Hosted by MckMama and Brent Riggs, it's the latest thing for visiting other blogs and see what others are doing!

Today's BlogHop theme is "A Favorite Photograph". To participate, post up one of your favorite photographs and a caption that tells us about it.

As some of you know, my Nani is obsessed with the Little Mermaid. Just about everything she owns revolves around Ariel and her happy-go-lucky underwater friends. For those who follow my posts, you know how much Nani LOVES to sing ALL the songs from the Little Mermaid -- even at the most inopportune times. (Remember the 3am serenadeI received a few weeks back?)

Well, with that obsession in mind, it is only appropriate that I share these pictures in today's BlogHop.

The first is of Nani and a mermaid. Now mind you, she does not know that this is NOT Ariel. When we were in Pittsburgh, we took Nani on a children's riverboat cruise, complete with a performance of "The Monongahela Mermaid". The story revolved around the theme of keeping the rivers clean.....a concept that really went over the heads of the 3- and 4-yr. olds who were watching the performance. All they saw was Ariel picking up a bunch of river garbage.....but hey - Nani was in heaven thinking she was seeing Ariel up close and personal. (And we're not going to tell her anything otherwise -- are we?!)

Photobucket



The next photo, I seriously think needs no explanation. The red scarf is courtesy of my mother (who often cleans out closets and drawers and sends me the junk that she doesn't want to throw away....)



Photobucket




Now, let's see some of YOUR photos!

MckLinky Blog Hop


8 comments:

Tina July 7, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

I stopped over during the Blog Hop to take a looksie at your blog. I'm glad I stopped by, it's adorable!

The Four Week Vegan July 7, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

She looks like she is in heaven with Ariel. Ariel was my dd's fave princess too - she's 16 now, but I know she can still sing all the songs from the original movie - LOL.

Anonymous July 7, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

That second photo is great!

Jadehollow July 7, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Great Photos.. Happy Blog Hopping!

3 Bay B Chicks July 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

This MckLinky is outrageous. I've never seen so many participants in a carnival that wasn't a giveaway.

I love it! Oh, and can I hazard a guess as to what Nani is going to be for Halloween this year? :)

-Francesca

Crystal Renee July 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

I always wanted a party like that!!! Too cute!

Helene July 7, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

My daughter went through a Little Mermaid phase too. We met "Ariel" at Disneyland one time and she could not stop talking about it for months!!!

Your Nani is so cute...just adorable!

trennia July 7, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

cute just stop by through the blog hop :)

What I'm Reading Now

Might As Well Laugh About It Now
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Plum Spooky
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading
Through the Grinder
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com
BlogWithIntegrity.com

Followers

Recent Visitors

    © The Toy Box Years. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP